yes it's been done, I think ******* is one of them

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
I was thinking the same thing but wasen't gonna say anything about it lol

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
how about going with something like this...
i know it's a different grille (and truck), but i'm sure you could come up with some fab like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
i know it's a different grille (and truck), but i'm sure you could come up with some fab like this.
Is that your ride dude? If it is, it looks sharp!

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
that grille idea is neat, it's a furd thing though.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Who cares! That's one sharp Rango...

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
thanks a bunch mopar fan!

that's what we're here for...to give us dodge members ideas on our rigs.
some good, some not.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
thanks a bunch mopar fan!

that's what we're here for...to give us dodge members ideas on our rigs.
some good, some not.
Well I don't want to Hijack this thread, but you have one of the sweetest looking Rango's I have ever seen. Kudos to you on the detail you have put into it.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
I'm pretty sure your gonna get my vote as well, we'll see what the competion looks like

·
The Boss
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey man i like this idea but Im like Charlie its a ford thing but it is really awesome looking, i dont know how i could do it with the grille ive got, I think Im giong to start off behind the grille and then if that dont please me I might go for the look right there and yeah Im def gonna be voting for you this month that thing is SICK!:rck:

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
hey man i like this idea but Im like Charlie its a ford thing but it is really awesome looking, i dont know how i could do it with the grille ive got, I think Im giong to start off behind the grille and then if that dont please me I might go for the look right there and yeah Im def gonna be voting for you this month that thing is SICK!:rck:
thanks guys...i really appreciate it!

i tried the behind the grille thing with a mesh grille style...it looked ok, but i wasn't too trilled with it.
so, i decided to go this route...if i would have broken it (grille) i would have gone back to stock. i definitely wasn't gonna stick with the all chrome grille. when i threw this grille on...to me, it just looked freakin terrible. it was either going in the trash, sell on ebay, or try something different with it.
and now, it as grown on me.

just this past weekend my nieghbor asked me if i can do the same for his son's yukon denali.
honestly...this is the first time anyone has mentioned a ford. i know it's a ford thing...but that's what makes our dodges so awesome.
no matter what we do...we find a way to make it work.
personally, i haven't see and ugly looking dodge on this site.
i guess when you love something...you're blind to the ugliness.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Well even with it being a ford thing I still like it, your truck over all is very clean looking, but have you considered a chrome bull bar with maybe an extra two lights on it? You should also look into painting the mirrors, door handles, and the wiper cowl to add to the clean look...

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
i was thinking more of the black bull bar.
i'm not too much into the chrome thing...that's one of the reasons why i was gonna ditch the grille...too much chrome.
i was actually thinking about painting the grille black...but now that would look like a ford.
about painting other stuff...that sounds like a good idea.
oh...and extra lights on a bar...also sounds good.
also plan on ditching the chrome rear end cover, and go with a real high performance cover from Mag-Hytec.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.