DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can eny one tell me what they payed to have fog lights put in there sxt.i got the kit form dodge at an on line store. then i went to my local dodge dealer were i got the magnum from and they put them in for a small fee of 288.16 im not sure but i fell i got riped off. with the cost of the fog ligt kit and there fee got over 400.00 in them. may be it the over 50 thing.allso my black magnum is a special edition how can you find out how meany of something was made. thanks black magnum

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dealer quoted me $168.00 to do the install. That's the number from the "book" for the fog lights. My deler does everything by what the Dodge estimated time book says

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry... I think you got hosed. There's no more than two hours labor involved. It's time to have a little chat with the service manager.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I talked to the service manager at my dealership about this last week. I told him I was getting the Mopar Foglight kit and how much would they charge me to install. He didn't have a firm answer, but estimated about 2 hours time. I told him that I sort of wanted to install the lights, but would need them to do the calibrating on the STARSCAN. He liked that idea and quoted me about $50 (Cdn) to do the calibration on the STARSCAN.

I'll just take my time on a Saturday morning and install them myself (from the directions, it looks pretty easy), then I'll drive it to the dealership and let them finish.

Getting my Fog Lights from Husker (about $100 Cdn), and the $50 Calibration makes it a fairly inexpensive setup.

Lyle

·
Registered
285 Posts
I thought that someone posted that unless the car came with fogs the wiring harness is not there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wiring harness comes in the kit. Wiring goes from lights to fuse/electrical box under the hood.....then you replace the dash switch (included in the kit). It's all pretty simple......this side of the STARSCAN calibration.

Lyle

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
Yep, the harness comes with it. I put mine on myself. With only the aide of a floor jack. Pretty simple install. No way it should take the dealer more than an hour to put them on. At the price you were given, they should provide the light kit, install them, starscan to activate, and cuddle with you for 45 min. when they're done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
eddie_d_lopez said:
What exactly does the Starscan program do for a foglite install? Just activate?
Correct. It sets the option that the foglights are present.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks every one for the help with the over charge on the lights im going back to the dealer soon .to see what happens. i allso put up
some pictures of my magnum .black magnum :gr_patrio

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mine cost (CA) about 330.00 to get installed. I wasn't going to be yanked around, and they knew it. Good deal...got em when the part FINALLY came out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How do they put the foglights in, do they have to saw stuff off of the grill or do the foglights just fit right in? what is the switch like, does it replace the headlight switch completely with one that would come on a magnum with stock foglights, and does anyone have any advice where to get them from?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lyle SXT said:
Wiring harness comes in the kit. Wiring goes from lights to fuse/electrical box under the hood.....then you replace the dash switch (included in the kit). It's all pretty simple......this side of the STARSCAN calibration.

Lyle
Lyle, get the lights yet???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Husker said:
Lyle, get the lights yet???
Nope, not yet. I actually expect them anytime now. I looked back on your email today and counted out the days.....should be tomorrow or the next day.

Going cross-border can sometimes drag things out a bit. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Cheers,
Lyle

·
Registered
287 Posts
No pics???, not sure if I have even seen the foglights. Guess I'll go do some searching.. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
The fog lights are the same as come on the R/T and now the 06 SXT. The switch is a direct replacement for the existing switch, only with the fog light switch incorporated.

I got my kit last week, and hope to install them this Saturday.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh ok,
That should be an easy upgrade with the parts..
I thought there was some new lights out I hadn't seen yet.. lol

BD..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed my foglights in my SXT yesterday. Went pretty well according to the instructions, and all went well. I took a little more than 3 hours to install them, but I REALLY took my time. I'm pretty nervious when it comes to monkeying around with new cars. Especially when I was hooking up the electronics. Plus I cleaned a lot of the inside areas.

Oh well....I'm sure a mechanic (or someone more experienced) could have done it in about an hour. I just need to run by the dealership to get them activated on the computer.

If anyone plans to do this themselves as well, PM or email, I'll give you some pointers to save time.

Here's pics....

Cheers,
Lyle

·
Registered
287 Posts
GJ dude.. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.