DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Has anyone had to replace the OEM fog light enclosure yet not just the bulb, I took a road trip to Oklahoma and when i got back i noticed that my Fog light was cracked. So now i need to find out where I can get a drivers side fog light or should I just go Aftermarket? Any one got any idea's? :gr_patrio

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help...So Has anyone brought aftermarket fog lamps yet?? if so lets see some pictures?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
$66 each on Ebay!

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
yea, do aftermarket, dealership wants around $130 for one

·
Registered
848 Posts
My right side light has been broken for a while , it still burns though!!! Dealer wants 120 for one but will sell the kit for two for 180!!!!!! I'm checking into the above for replacement!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used the macko site on ebay and the light was perfect. Quick shipping and a breeze to deal with.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
$41 auction going on ebay now.... For some reason I cant paste the address.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Check ebay. pretty good deals

·
Registered
127 Posts
I too have noticed that my fog light is cracked. It's pretty much waiting to fall apart. I figured its from a flying rock on the road. Don't you just hate 18 wheelers! Anyways, I've been researching the replacements out there and I was wondering if they are all the same design? If you look at the factory fog lights they have like a vertical line going down the middle. I haven't seen these on the ones on ebay, etc. At least on their pictures. Anyone bought these 3rd party lights and notice any design difference?

Also, I was thinking since I'm going to have to replace the fog lamp I figured it's a good time to invest in some of those bright white bulbs. I guess they are just like regular lights but just burn whiter and brighter. Anyone know a good manufacturer of these? I've seen these at walmart's and auto parts places. Are these any good? What voltage or part number should I try? I'm gonna replace the fog lights and the regular lights.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Get some SilverStars 9007 (headlights) and 9006 (fogs), they look great and light up the road nicely. I would invest in some clear shields for your lights also. I bought some clear 3m protector film on cabelas and covered my fogs with it. So now they shouldnt crack very easily by gettin hit with a rock or so forth.

KB

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can you provide a link to these Silverstar products? I never thought of getting protectors for the lights. I'll look into that as well.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
sylvania.com makes the silverstars. Same company that makes our factory bulbs. Available at most any auto parts store or even places like WalMart. Best buy on them is usually on Ebay, They will run you about $70-$80 for a set of fogs and headlights together. I got all mine on Ebay for like $50 together.

KB

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
KB112 said:
Get some SilverStars 9007 (headlights) and 9006 (fogs), they look great and light up the road nicely. I would invest in some clear shields for your lights also. I bought some clear 3m protector film on cabelas and covered my fogs with it. So now they shouldnt crack very easily by gettin hit with a rock or so forth.

KB
The trick is to use 9005 (High Beam) bulbs for the fogs. You'll notice a big difference with the brighter bulbs. Only takes about five minutes worth of modification to the bulbs and they pop right in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.