DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried and never succeeded doing this, always got lamp out or one of my headlights and both fogs didnt work. Anyone wanna help me out besides wiring an aftermarket toggle.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I believe that the 3rd gens have a European style headlight system, where it's a left & right separate system and all goes thru the instrument cluster. I was trying to install an automated light system but I'm not too sure how with these trucks. So hopefully some one will chime in that knows these systems on our trucks

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
On my '06 my foglights go out when I hit my highbeams, with not looking at a wiring diagram for my truck yet, to me its like they are unswitching the power through a relay that supplies the fog circuit. The hi/low lever is controling the function of the 3 circuits.

Low
Low+Fog
High

Are you adding "additional" foglights to your current fog system, or new foglights ?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My truck is an ST model. I have bought fog lights but never had the original wires and harness so I tried to wire them to my headlights... no luck

·
15,912 Posts
I do know that the headlights go through the dash cluster, whe I was changing the gauge cover, my headlights came on while I had the cluster out of the truck. Other than wiring a separate toggle, I don't know what else you can do. You might want to try to use a relay set-up that gets triggered from the headlight wire. All depends on how you want the lights to work.

·
The Doc
302 Posts
I used the power to my Hellas to power a separate relay that then powers the fogs. That way I have fogs with my low beams, and fogs+hibeams+hellas on high. Works fine with no problems in over 5K miles.
The doc..... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.