DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

My buddy has a 2010 2500 Cumming with an H&S Black Maxx Tune on it. Within the tuner her can turn on a option to allow his fogs lights to work with the high beams. On the H&S website it says

"Fog Lights W/High: Enable / Disable the fog lights staying on when high beams are being used."

I called H&S and of course they don’t have anything that can make a hemi do this. But since they figured out a way to make it work, I know it can be done. Anyone have any other suggestions on a company that could get into the ECU and turn this feature on for us?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Chrysler can....they just wont if you live here, in Canada they can have it from what I was told

·
Registered
563 Posts
They may turn it on, but it is illegal to have more than 4 lights on at one time. Which makes me think trucks with the dual lamps (1 bulb) may be able to do this. Us guys with the quad lamps can't.

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Dunno But I want to be able to do this.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
No cars from the factory allow the fogs with the high beams....not sure why that is....

The dealer can choose the option to do this with the Starscan but probably will not do it for you.

You could feasibly re-wire your foglights to come on whenever you wanted but that's kind of a PITA just for that.

I know that law in TX for sure! I was pulled over once for having my lights on behind the grill at night. The officer told me I was allowed to only have 4 lights on at once, all the while waving four fingers in my face! It was fun.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
:thatfunny

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Some company do have a wire harness that will let you do this but when I seen that they cost $250+ I just bypass them.

·
2009 moneypit
375 Posts
No picture....hmmm.....don't think so.

All it is, is a custom made wiring harness with a relay attached. I bought this exact same thing for my 2004 ram.. totally forgot about removing it when i sold it, but it was very simple to install. would be cheaper to make yourself, but was still worth every penny of $25.

Again, i had it on an 04... not sure if it would even work on the 09 & up. im waiting for a guinea pig..

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I thought a bully dog could do it? Or is that the seat belt?

·
5.7L HEMI
2,589 Posts
All it is, is a custom made wiring harness with a relay attached. I bought this exact same thing for my 2004 ram.. totally forgot about removing it when i sold it, but it was very simple to install. would be cheaper to make yourself, but was still worth every penny of $25.

Again, i had it on an 04... not sure if it would even work on the 09 & up. im waiting for a guinea pig..
I ordered one. If it don't work they'll be getting it back. It's "guaranteed" to work according to their promise.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Does this allow you to turn the fogs on and off still with the high beams on? On my 04, I wired my fogs so they came on with the high beams. It was nice to have the extra lighting, by I had no way of turning the fogs off when the high beams are on. I imagine this is all the kit above is doing...

·
5.7L HEMI
2,589 Posts
Does this allow you to turn the fogs on and off still with the high beams on? On my 04, I wired my fogs so they came on with the high beams. It was nice to have the extra lighting, by I had no way of turning the fogs off when the high beams are on. I imagine this is all the kit above is doing...
According to their website, with this thing I ordered, they had a module that included a switch so you could control when the fogs are on/off. It was like an extra $8; I opted out of that.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
It sounds like all they are doing is using a relay to trigger the fogs from the high beams. I can do this for about $4...

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Muscle...when you get it, let us know how it works, will ya?

I'm sure you will!! Pics too!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Was it plug and play or did u have to cut any wires?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.