DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a fog light kit on dodgeparts.com and it says vehicle must be programed by dealer. what's that about?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I thought that was for 07 and later but I may be wrong. I think on an 06 its just plug and play.

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
i think ive heard something about the dealer basically having to program the computer to tell them that they are there. Apparently they wont work even if hooked up right until its done, but i dunno wha years that applies to. Im sure someone with better info will chime in, but I think ive read that here before.

·
Banned
462 Posts
I think it applies to '06 and up. The set I'm looking at on ebay says the same about having to be programmed.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
No programming here; I just installed the lights and wired it in by the directions. But mine is a 2002 so I sure Dodge has mucked it up by making more complicated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I have heard 1 of three things will happen when you hook them up..... they will work fine..... not work at all.... will work but will not dim when brights are turned on..... I just ordered my kit on Thursday.... I should get them next week.... I will let you know when I install them what happens....

·
Banned
462 Posts
I would'nt complain at all if they didn't turn off with the brights.

If that would be the only "complication" then I think I would actually welcome it... considering that you can't put a jumper on the newer models. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah Im hoping mine has that "complication" also......

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just had my lights programmed for export, so they stay on now, I just walked up to the mechanic who was working on it and asked him to do it real fast and no problem he said and did it for free, so I tipped him

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^ Good info... I will have to try that......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.