DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the kits I see for the '02 specifically state "for trucks built after 05/24/02". What about those '02 models built before then? Is there a kit or are we just screwed as far as adding OEM-type fog lights?

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Dodgeparts.com

I have a pre 5/24/02 Ram and just recently got the oem kit from there. Pretty easy install

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the difference in the two '02 models? Mine has the new body style, but was manufactured in late '01. I thought that was the only difference.

Did yours have the wiring harness already in place? I've read of some people who went to put the kit on and found the harness already there. They just had to plug in and then replace the factory switch with the one that pulls out for the fog lights.

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
if you have a SLT you should have the wiring harness already there

I ordered the kit plus the factory switch and factory wiring harness and found my ST does NOT have the factory wiring for foglights so had to install the kit the standard way, which was still pretty simple

I dont know what the difference is between the different build dates though

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet...I have the SLT. Will have to check the wiring tomorrow after I get back from the doctor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Andy said:
if you have a SLT you should have the wiring harness already there

I ordered the kit plus the factory switch and factory wiring harness and found my ST does NOT have the factory wiring for foglights so had to install the kit the standard way, which was still pretty simple

I dont know what the difference is between the different build dates though
I did the same thing and was done the install in 45 minutes, but I have an SLT so everything was plug in.

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked my SLT and could not find any harness for the fog lamps. All I found was a wire to the headlamp and one to the turn signals. :(

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
bummer dude

i thought all the slts had them

either way if you get the mopar kit its not that tough to install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.