DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed the fog light/high beam mod. Now the fog lights stay on with the high beams. I just removed the relay, installed a jumper wire and bingo the lights stay on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would love to do that!! could you post more instruction as to where you removed the relay and where you installed the jumper.

It always drove me nuts as to why the fog lights would turn off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am gonna do the same thing except I will solder the wires to the terminals to eliminate corrosion and subsequent heat build-up, then add a switch so I can switch it off easily before State Inspection. Good stuff guys! By-the-way, the Silverstars work great in the headlights but they kept blowing for me in the driving lights. Turned out the application guide listed the wrong number for my D and mine took a 899 instead of an 893. I went back to stock bulbs, no more blown bulbs. Others on here had same problem but I haven't found the post to tell them what I found out.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
the only diff. between 898 (not 899 they must have changed bulbs again) and 893 is angle conn. instead of straight, it shouldn't cause bulb to blow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.