DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the connector or plug for the fog lights in my fender. recently I purchased a set of foglights off Ebay, and the harness which came with the kit in no way shape or other plugs into said fender connector. Everything was there, lights bezels, and all the mounting/ wiring hardware. It even came with some interesting directions, pencil shapes with no written instructions. So, after putitng in the lights, I just plugged the harness into the bulbs and have everything wrapped up while I debate my next move. I really am not too keen on having to run wires to my low beam power my battery and everything unless there is no other alternative. What I was hoping to be able to do was plug into the fender connector and purchase a new headlight switch which has the push switch for the fog lights as those vehicles have which are factory installed. Any thoughts on if this is possible or if it is not too cost effective.

Additionally, a guy I work with has a 08 which he had the dealership install the fog lights as part of his purchase deal, he has the connector in the fender well, and his fog lights are not using it either.... so what will this connector do for me at this juncture, aside from cost me more money? Will it prevent me from running wires and getting a refresher course in hyroglyphics to decipher the instructions? (I know they are not that bad, just being a wise ass) and would it be possible to get a factory switch and harness as mentioned prior in this post.... thanks...

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I bought my fogs off ebay, but from a dodge dealer, and they were the mopar kit. It came with good directions, plugged right in (to said connector), and even included the new headlamp switch. :tup: Mine is an 08 as well. I paid i think about 130ish. It seems odd that your friends truck did not use the plug. Can you buy the harness/switch w/o the lights? Maybe you should sell what you have and get the mopar kit and be done?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a mpar kit and it was from a Chrysler dealer.... so now I am left with the thought... ouch lol.... Hate dealing with returns from Ebay.... always a pain in the ass....

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Hmmm...that's odd. So let me get this right, it does have a light to light harness, but the connector doesn't fit? And my mopar kit had great directions. Like truck diagrams and everything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After sending this message I sent a message to the person I purchased from E-bay. The kit I have is apparently for a vehicle which does not have the connector in the front fender. It is supposed to be a SLT or Laramie edition which has that. As I have a TRX4 off road edition I did not think I could order said kit for SLT/ Laramie. Which is somewhat cheaper than the current kit I have purchased. Person I purchased kit from will give other kit if I ship this one to them... which I probably will do now....

Which brings me back to the original question... IE: If I have a connector plug in the front left fender, IS that for the fog light harness? I know it sounds silly, but I am just wanting to make sure it is correct before I ship item back to the seller etc.... and get the new kit...

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
You might just want to get the connector end that fits the harness plug AT the fender. I think you can get the connector at NAPA. The headlight switch should put power out to the fender connector. From there you would run the headlight switch power to your light relay to energise the relay, then the relay would distribute to your fog lights. If you are actually using the stock Dodge fogs, then there would be no relay, all would be plug n' play.

CD

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way it sounds atm, I would just need the headlight to connector harness, and the factory headlight switch with pushbutton fogs... Just my luck the dealership is closed now... Once this is done, off to the dealership to get the fogs turned on in the comp

thanks for replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.