DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:help:I just got a set of OEM fog lights, with a harness from my buddy at a body shop.. We both have 2004 Rams, v-6 2wd.. Mine auto, his manuel.. Same truck.. The harness on the inner fender well was there on his truck to hook up the fog light harness going to the light, but not on mine.. ?? I thought all trucks were pre wired for fogs...? Maybe i need to look harder, but his was just right there in plain site.. One thing i did notice, theres a harness with a small senser looking peice attached to the head light on the driver side, which looks like the fog harness would connect to, but not sure if this is an ambient air temp senser, or airbag senser, and i did'nt want to pull it off.. oddly enough, there is not one on the passenger side headlight screw.. Can anyone help.. Anyone know off hand what that is? Picture of the senser is in my Gallery.. Any help would be great..

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Some are, some aren't, sadly. Looks like you got the one without. Where in TX? Oh, and welcome aboard and hide the wallet!

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
yeah some trucks just dont have the connector just hardwire them to your parking lights. i dont know what that sensor is but i have it too

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called the dealer and spoke to the parts guy.. That senser is the ambient air temp senser. It's pre wired for some truck as an option to put the overhead console in with direction and outside temp.. Wish mine had the plug for fogs instead..... Oh well.. HemiYeah, thanks for the suggestion, that will work better than adding a new switch..

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Some of the fog light kits have the complete harness included. You need the one for the ST truck. (unless you already purchased them)

Edit: Didn't read right. See you already bought them. You could wire them similar to a set of hellas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't buy a kit, My buddy took the harness that runs along the bumper from light to light, and the fog lights themselves off a wrecked dodge that came in his shop.. I got the switch too.. It all worked on his truck, just plug and play.. But on my truck, i looked all along the fender well, took the headlight out, moved the fuse box over, and could not find the plug in that was there plain as day on my buddys truck.. Our trucks are the same year, color, style, motors, just different tranny's.. his manuel, mine auto.. Build date is the same.. WEIRD.... His does not have the ambient temp senser hooked to the headlight like mine does either.. also weird.. hit or miss... I've got them wired to my park lights now..

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
yeah there is a mod for you year of truck to wire your fogs to your parking light with the relays so i dont think it would be a problem wiring them together

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet.. used a test light, found the hot wire, ran a jumper and grounded the other.. Works good for now, but havent ran them for longer than 20-30 min. like that..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.