DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,
Anyone know what size allen wrench adjusts the fog lights?
I want to buy just the one I need (Long Handled) instead of a whole set.
Thanks!

· Registered
17 Posts
It's not an allen, it a T-20 Torx and it needs to be at least 6" long if you are wanting to drill a hole through lower bumper as I did. That beats removing 4 screws and the push/pull holder, otherwise and severally skinned up arms. Been there done both ways.

Wait till you need to change a head light bulb. :help:

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old Navy said:
It's not an allen, it a T-20 Torx and it needs to be at least 6" long if you are wanting to drill a hole through lower bumper as I did. That beats removing 4 screws and the push/pull holder, otherwise and severally skinned up arms. Been there done both ways.

Wait till you need to change a head light bulb. :help:
Thanks! I used a 3mm allen and it seemed to work ok. Will pick up a Torx for the tool box.

I added the HIR bulbs awhile back, and they weren't too much of a PITA. But when I swapped the RT housings for the SXT's, it was actually easier than the bulb exchange.

· Registered
17 Posts
I have the HIR's also, both high and low beam. Love them, they are better then the Ecode light's in wife's Jetta. The low beams were a PIA to do compared to high beam, next time I'll remove the lights.

· Registered
92 Posts
I swapped out my low beams and fog light for real HID lights. There is nothing like it. When i have them on I can see a bug in the road from 100ft. The only problem is that when you change out the bulbs the cars electronics no longer see a load on the circuit and for some reason the light won't turn on with the ignition on. I can turn the lights on fine with the key off, but if the key is on they won't come on. I just turn my lights on before I start the car and i don't have a problem, but I would like to fix this if possible. Has anyone else installed HID's yet and if so what if anything did you do to solve the problem? BTW at first i only had the low beams in and it was fine. The problem started when I changed the foglights to HID's along with the low beams.

· Registered
17 Posts
A friends new Lexus with HID's had less useable light on road then my HIR's and on high beam mine far exceeded his lights. He could not believe the difference in the amount of light on the road with my high beams.

He nearly passed a brick when I told him my lights were a $125 option. :thatfunny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.