DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some fog lights for my 98 Dak. All I need to do is cut out the holes on the bottom of the bumper and mount the lights. The wiring plugs are already in place, so I can plug them into the lights. How do I wire it up in the cab so that they'll turn on? Where do the wires that plug into the lamps run to, the relay on the fuse panel? Do I need to run a separate switch, or do they connect to the headlight switch somehow? The fog lights are 4" round, and made specifically for my truck. I bought them from another 98 Dak owner, brand new still in the box. All it had was the lamps and brackets. Are there any pieces I'm missing or still need to purchase? I've tried looking on line, but not been able to find much assistance/proper instructions elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information you could provide.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have an 02 so i'm not familiar with your dash, but i know on mine the headlight switch s different cuz the knob is turned to activate headlights and pulled for foglights... i would go on ebay and type in "dakota fog" in the search box and see if you can find a switch from a junked kota....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, I'll look into that ebay search. My switch in the dash pulls for headlights, and turns for the indash light brightness and clicks all the way to the right on for the light inide the cab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may just be better off doing your own wiring. I installed driving/fog lights on my 2001 and ran my own wiring and conected them to my parking lights with a relay. That way they stay on with the high and low beams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.