DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 durango 4.7 and i recently swaped tranny's out because my other tranny was shot. i have only drove the truck about a week since i done it and it keeps lossing fluid but i cant find any leaks.... any guesses on what it could be???

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
well, just a suggestion check the connections and lines for the trans cooler that run up to the front of your D. IM just tryin to help, maybe you mightve forgotten that there was tranny cooler lines that ran threw there (if you ahve the tow package that is) But im sure someone withmore knowledge will chime in soon

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
If the fluid is leaking out somewhere, you should see signs of it. As 02Durango said, check the lines to the radiator. There is a vent in the bell housing the fluid will come out of if it is over full or it grows too much due to excessive heat. You can also buy a small bottle of dye from your dealer. You put it in your transmission and drive the vehicle for a while. The dye glows under a black light to show where the leak is. The dye costs about 7 dollars.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Ya you should be able to see where it is coming from. I know that the pan seems to get bent out of shape pretty easy. Or some people tighten the pan down to much and that will cause a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.