DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need a lil help with this mod also i been looking at these two mufflers does one perform better than the other cause the 50 series sure as hell cost more so whats yall input thanks

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html

Tells you description for each series, sound interior and exterior;when you click on each individual muffler, it will also give you a sound clip by the top left picture, so you have an idea of what it sounds like.

·
Registered
240 Posts
40 series is the most aggressive one. If your using duals then two of them wont be to bad.

if your using one muffler then it will sound awsome but drone inside the cabin.

Personaly i prefer a 40 deltaflow series vs a 50. 50 is to quite for me.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
I had the SI/SO 3" Flowmaster 50HD on my 06...and it sucked ass. It was way to quiet. I changed it out with a SI/SO 3" Flowmaster 40 Deltaflow and it sounds awesome now. I didnt feel any performance differences between the two...just a big sound difference. If you want an aggressive tone then i would definatly go with the 40 series delta flow.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Get the Super 40, you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the promblem i am having decideing is because on my old truck i had true 3inch straits with cats and 4inch bells and it was loud but it was way to loud and resonated way to much and i dont want another one like that again so i thinking the delta40 instead of the super and the 50 hd i wish i knew some one around here with a 40

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you get a Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, do you have to remove the spare tire?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Supposedly, the Thunder Road Package based on the 50 HD will fit with the spare. According to Flowmaster, that system has been specifically designed to provide the correct backpressure for the Hemi, so you don't loose any performance. I've been looking at installing that one myself, turning the tips out on each side.

Chuck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ive had two 40 series before, sounded great but very annoying. I bought the super 40 when they first came out for my 5.3L chevy. Loved the sound and its not bad at all on the inside. So I got it again for the hemi, great outside sound, great for the ears inside.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i made the appointment for friday i am going with a 40series delta flow with 2 4inch tips out the same side behind the back tire charging me 380 for it the tips are more expensive cause i wanted the 4inch strait cut rolled edge tips

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.