DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how a single flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber performes on a 5.2 dakota

1993 318 :rck: thanks

·
Banned
95 Posts
I have two on mine in a true dual configuration and I like the sound. There is a little droning at 1600-1900 rpm but beyond that it's perfect. I think the flowmaster 40's have the best sound at full throttle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sam Cler said:
I have two on mine in a true dual configuration and I like the sound. There is a little droning at 1600-1900 rpm but beyond that it's perfect. I think the flowmaster 40's have the best sound at full throttle.
Sam Cler;

How'd you do your set up? Did you bring it to a shop? Reason for me asking is that I put a single (no-brand) Xcelerator performance muffler on mine. (Single in and dual out). It sounds okay, I guess. When parked next to the house and idling, it will rattle the dishes in the kitchen!
But it's not exactly the sound I was looking for. I always have been wondering what Flowmasters would sound like.......
Mike

·
Registered
356 Posts
i have the flowmaster 3" in/ 2 1/2" dual out on my 92 with the 5.2, i like it. i have the shorty headers for it, just havent got around to putting them on. ( garage is full and its gettin to cold out)

·
Mopar or No Car
404 Posts
I have the flowmaster 50 series, 2 1/2 in 3" single out and I like it. Didn't want it too loud or too quite. Just Bought Gibson Ceramic Coated headers for it, but didn't install them yet. Will get some Before and After Videos for a sound comparison.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
93dakota318 said:
anyone know how a single flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber performes on a 5.2 dakota

1993 318 :rck: thanks
I am running a 2 chamber Flow 40 Delta Flow (2.5 in; 2.5 single out; stainless) with stock manifolds and 2.5 inch stainless until the tailpipe, which is a custom 4" stainless tip. At idle it sounds AWESOME, and while a tad quieter than some up in the revs, its just quiet enough that its not overbearing in the cab.

And it definitely frees up some horses, as expected. :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
bigdog440 said:
i have the flowmaster 3" in/ 2 1/2" dual out on my 92 with the 5.2, i like it. i have the shorty headers for it, just havent got around to putting them on. ( garage is full and its gettin to cold out)
I have the same setup and it sounds good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

put it on and it sounds and performs great

it isnt as loud as everyone complained about though :VHOT:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got shorty headers ,custom 2 1/2 Y-pip to a 3" Super 40 flowmaster thats turned out before the rear tire & it has a 3 1/2 stainless tip thats pointed up just a little so when I blast buy you will hear it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
bigdog440 said:
I have the same setup but with a #35 Flowmaster, Magna Flow Cat and headers installed, DUDE!! put them things on, or send them to me for next project. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think dynomax is better sounding than a flowmaster. I have dual dynomax bullet mufflers on my truck with 3" pipes and after the muffler there isnt anymore pipe. its freakin loud but i love the sound.

·
Registered
29 Posts
o yea i just realized, does anyone knoe how to change the sig. thingy mine is not true. my buddy put that on there

·
Banned
95 Posts
daksport95 said:
o yea i just realized, does anyone knoe how to change the sig. thingy mine is not true. my buddy put that on there
Yeah, go to control panel up top then click on edit signature on the left hand side.

BTW, I just went from flow 40's to dynomax superflow's and I like the sound of the dynomax's at idle-2000 better then the 40's but at WOT nothing beats the sound of the 40's.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i had a single in/ dual out flowmaster 40 series dumped at the muffler on my 01 ram with the 318, sounded awesome imo!!!, set off car alarms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.