DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting this kit. What can I expect? I want it, to where you can tell it's not stock, and has a nice rumble, but can still have a conversation when the windows are down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I paid about $300 for my flowmaster dual exhaust system at Summitracing.com - in my oppinion thats not to much for a name brand system (and yes the name matters to me)

·
quadhemi4x4
626 Posts
I think it will be perfect to what ur looking for. U are talkin about the 50HD right? Cause thats what i have and it has a nice rumble and u can tell its not stock, but it is pretty quite at cruisin speeds and has a really nice loud rumble at WOT or when u get on the throtle. I think its perfect, no drone and not too loud in the cab, u can talk really easy.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I had the Flowmaster 50HD, and wasnt impressed at all. I ditched it and went with a Magnaflow about 2 months later. Magnaflow sounds much better in my opinion. There are a few others here who werent happy with the 50HD as well. Im sure they will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Flowmaster 40 and it sounds AWESOME! There is no doubt it is NOT stock. If I kick it, it gets rather nasty. However, driving like I am sane it isn't bad at all, just a nice mellow tone. Flowmaster 40 is considerably louder than the 50.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I've never heard the 50HD, but I love my 40 Series. There is considerable cab drone but I kinda like it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the 50HD and noticed very little difference from the stock. i just recently had my cut-out put on and had the resignator removed and with the cutout closed the 50HD sounds very nice. No cabin drone at all. So my advice is if you go with the 50, have the resignator removed also.

·
Azz Kicker
646 Posts
The answer is.....It depends. What year is your truck and which flowmaster kit are you looking at? There are different mufflers with different kits.

·
Registered
126 Posts
agreed... i had the 50hd and tossed it in the dumpster. It sounded ok but my dual borla catback is 100% better sounding (more beefy less noise) and so much better performance. I lost a lot of top end with flowmaster and lost nothing, only a huge performance gain with the borla.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Yes, i agree on what quadhemi4x4 said they are nice.I have the 70 ser. and love them, I wanted to go with the 50 but the guy said the 70 will get a little more louder in about two to three week.I didn't want them to be loud but I wanted them louder and differance that stock.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I just had a Flowmaster #17423, with the 50 series hemi muffler, SI/DO with dual tailpipes installed today. As far as Im concerned, its awesome, Im happy with it. Whichever kit you Do go with, buy it from SummitRacing, their price was over 200 dollars less then flowmasters for the same kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought a flowmaster 40 series, single in ,dual out for $197.free shipping on Ebay for my 03. The guys name was (YOKEBET). I believe he has a store on there too. Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.