DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a part numbet on Summit Racing for a Flowmaster Exhaust kit. the part # is FLO-17405. havent seen a picture, but for less than $500. sounds good to me! Anybody seen or heard of this???

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have it on my Magnum. Great sound and no drone. The only 2 1/2" system out so far. Not SS like Borla or Magnaflow but louder than both.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey guy's,

I Can offer you the Flowmaster pn# 17405 for the 2005 Dodge Magnum.

I can ship the system to you for $550.00

Anybody interested, please let me know.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just took out the suitcase and replaced it with 2 Flow Super 40's. Everything else is stock, good sound, some performance and cheap (280$ installed). The Cat back system uses these mufflers anyway. Just another option

·
Registered
267 Posts
Blkmagnum said:
I just took out the suitcase and replaced it with 2 Flow Super 40's. Everything else is stock, good sound, some performance and cheap (280$ installed). The Cat back system uses these mufflers anyway. Just another option

I didthe samething, but I may do something else at the tips as it is almost TOO quiet :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
65standard said:
aren't the borla and magnaflow systems using 2 1/2 tubing? their ads say 2 1/2"
They both are 2 1/4".
Not sure about what Zoomers are or what Gibson will use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
flowmasters

Hi all, 1st post.

I got rid of the mufflers & resonators and put a set of Flowmaster 40 series on. It sounds great, a little loud at takeoff but we luv 'em. The only thing I've noticed (w/only 400 miles on it) is that the computer says my avg mpg is like 13. Anyone else notice a drop just 'cos of the exhaust change???

Before the Flowmasters my fwy mpg avg = 26+, after the fwy mpg = 18+.
Could the reduced backpressure possibly cause any problems???? Help! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
David,

I already have the Flowmaster's up front, but need the resonators. Do you sell them seperately? or know the p/n so I can order 'em? Thanks! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello Panteraman,

I dont have any part #'s for the resonaters.

Are you looking for a universal resonater, or did you see a direct fit resoanter for this vehicle??

Let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
7 Posts
David,

I'm honestly not sure what I'm looking for!! As I mentioned, (I think)...I put the flowmaster 40 series on my RT and eliminated the rear stock "resonator". The car sounds great and gets lots of complements but there is too much "drone" on acceleration. My local muffler shop wants to try the 3 chamber flowmasters. Whattya think? I would also like your opinion regarding the performance / mileage with the custom exhaust. My mileage immediately dropped from 17/25 down to about 9/13mpg. I read one thread where a guy suggested disconnecting the battery for about 20 mins to "reset" the computer. Do you think I ought to try that?

And thank you for your quick response! I'm going to the muffler shop 1st thing in the am and this knowledge tonight may be extremely helpful!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
what about straight piping the V-8 mufflers and keeping the stock V-4 mufflers? I am considering this option... anybody heard a magnum with this setup?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello Panteraman,

Well going with a 3 chamber could help, its kinda hard to say. It may be better to just keep the 2 chambers and put a resonater on there to keep the drone down. Flowmaster may offer a resonater, however if your going to a muffler shop then they should have some sort of resonater there to offer you as well.

Keep me updated and I will try to help the best i can.

Thanks, David

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.