Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have done a ton of research on exhaust systems, but need some final advice before i order my muffler. I plan on sticking with single inlet/outlet, and just replace the muffler.

My question is, i HATE interior resonance, i had a 5.2L jeep grand cherokee with a 40 series and it droned like nuts in the cab when you were just cruising.

So, is the FM 50 series delta flow quiet enough...or should i go with the FM 70 series....or should i just not go with FM at all? If i dont which do you guys suggest? Magnaflow?

I want the rumble when i get on it, but i will not do interior resonance at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I first got my truck I installed a magnaflow turbo-style muffler.
It was way too loud and gave the Hemi an underwater glasspack kind of sound.
Two weeks past and I couldn't take it anymore.
I bought a 70 series flowmaster and I love it.
It's louder than stock but still has that flowmaster sound with very little interior resonance.
I think you'll be happy with the 70 series.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
I've got 70's and like them, wanting to get the Dynatech Supermax Headers which probably will make it quite a bit louder.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
I had a magnaflow on mine, just went back to stock muffler, took off resonator, and and added pipe to right after the axle and dumped it, sounds awesome!!

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
But if u want something diffrent, i would imagine the 70 series sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am planning on purchasing the FM 70 series, but have two questions:

1) Does the FM 70 series produce any interior resonance, and if so, is it bearable to some degree? I just dont want a drone that will make me shoot myself on long trips.

and

2) What part # do i need for a FM 70 series for a 5.7L hemi. Do i just need center in/center out 3"?

·
Registered
287 Posts
No, it doesn't resonate hardly. I got the 3" offset in/center out. p/n 53071

·
Registered
406 Posts
The 70 is pretty quiet as Flowmasters go. The 50 3-chamber is beefier.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Am i correct that i will need the center in/center out for the 5.7 hemi?

·
Registered
5 Posts
series 40 delta flow

I have a series 40 delta flow and don't have any problem with interior resonance. I know the regular series 40 does have interior resonance

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
Am i correct that i will need the center in/center out for the 5.7 hemi?
No, I don't think so. I believe there's about a 3" offset.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im gettin a 70 put on Monday....I'll take some before and after recordings and see if I can link them up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Alloy 171, you would want p/n 53071 to make the least amount pipe work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.