DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· ACE
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2500 ram with the vinyl floor. i also have dodge rubber floormats in it but all they do is slide around. is there anything i can do to keep them stationary. i've tried adhesive velcro but didnt work. tom

· Same Name, Different Game
9,800 Posts
Hammer and a nail?

I have Husky Floor Liners that are molded to fit our trucks, and that might help you out.

· Registered
73,362 Posts
chllngr73 said:
i have 2500 ram with the vinyl floor. i also have dodge rubber floormats in it but all they do is slide around. is there anything i can do to keep them stationary. i've tried adhesive velcro but didnt work. tom
I'm surprised that didn't work. Did you clean the area where the velcro goes with rubbing alcohol before putting down the velcro?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Try some of that webbing liner. Its the stuff you put in toolboxes etc to keep stuff from sliding around. You can also buy it in assorted sizes at most home improvement stores etc. Its used to keep throw rugs in place on a hardwood floor etc. I don't know if it will work in this case.

KB

· ACE
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didclean the floor and the the mat. but some of the really hot summer days made the glue on the velcro become soft and that was the end of it. tom

· Registered
410 Posts
Are these the ones that you have?

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...fo&PartID=463215&siteid=214583&catalogid=5399

I was just headed to get them today. Let me know... maybe I'll hold off if you're annoyed with them sliding around. That's usually my biggest complaint here too.

Oops, just noticed you have the vinyl floor. I bet that's the key. I had that in a Ranger one time and couldn't get anything to stick until I glued some of that kitchen shelf no-slip stuff to the bottom of my floor mats.

· Registered
59 Posts
My new '08 1500 QC has a metal hook in the carpet that sticks through an eyelet in the floor mat, which keeps it secured nicely.

Of course, mine is carpet on carpet, but I imagine that you could attach 2 hooks to the flooring for each mat and that would work well, even on vinyl.

If you look on these slush mats below, you can see the built-in hole in the lower-left corner of the drivers mat.

Attachments

· 2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,028 Posts

· Finally a 5 speed
2,575 Posts
I have husky liners also. They are great in my truck, but not sure how they would do on the vinyl floor.

· Registered
3,056 Posts
I had the plastic huskys in my last few trucks on plastic and carpet floors, never had an issue with them moving even though they were not connected to the floor at all.

· Registered
410 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the WeatherTech "FloorLiner" -- Ordered a set of the front liners today (plus a power tailgate lock :) )

· Registered
59 Posts
I wanted to bump this and mention I got the Weathertech "Floorliner" for the front and, for the most part, they are excellent.

The drivers side fits like a glove...like someone had poured in a liquid plastic directly onto my floorboard. It fits that well.

However, the passenger side is not nearly as good a fit. A couple of the folds in the mat seem to be off slightly, causing the whole piece to just...not sit right. I don't know if I got a defective one or if they are all this way.

You can see a couple of the gaps in the passenger pick below. Not that huge a deal, obviously, but it's a little annoying how one mat fits so perfectly, while the other, well, doesn't. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Attachments

· Registered
123 Posts
roark1138 said:
I wanted to bump this and mention I got the Weathertech "Floorliner" for the front and, for the most part, they are excellent.

The drivers side fits like a glove...like someone had poured in a liquid plastic directly onto my floorboard. It fits that well.

However, the passenger side is not nearly as good a fit. A couple of the folds in the mat seem to be off slightly, causing the whole piece to just...not sit right. I don't know if I got a defective one or if they are all this way.

You can see a couple of the gaps in the passenger pick below. Not that huge a deal, obviously, but it's a little annoying how one mat fits so perfectly, while the other, well, doesn't. Anyone else had a similar experience?

What color is your interior, and do the mats match the dodge color ?

I am looking to get a set of mats that cover the carpet near the gas pedal to the right. Most mats don't cover this area, and you still get mud on the carpet from the side of your boots.

· Registered
425 Posts
DodgeGuy524 said:
um... the color of his interior is right there in the picture... they look like they match pretty well.

~Dodge Guy~

lol.....I have the exact same mats and exact same color interior...they match very well and give alot of protection..

· Registered
123 Posts
DodgeGuy524 said:
um... the color of his interior is right there in the picture... they look like they match pretty well.

~Dodge Guy~
Um.... I have color vision deficiency and they look like they are grey or kaki or tan, its hard to judge from the pictures... :WHT: but thanks for your smart remark :thatfunny ... you must be looking at the picture on a big screen lcd , on my laptop its it has a blueish tint to the pictures... :thatfunny

I'm just trying to find a mat that match's the 06 kaki color and fits the best..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.