DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for recommendations for floor jacks. Harbor Freight has both heavy duty steel and aluminum jacks. We will be lifting our 93 Dodge Van and other vehicles.

Thanks in advance.

·
Gone but not forgotten
1,288 Posts
Depends on your needs. For garage use only get a full size one. Needing to use it to change tires while away from home get a small unit to keep in the van instead of the bumper, bottle or even the scissor jacks.

Here is a link to a different forum regarding the use of floor jacks that may interest you, just read further into the thread to find about the floor jacks. replace ***** with dodge http://*****forum/forum/dodge-ram-van/184174-dodge-ram-van-advice.html

I have used a couple from Harbor Freight before and was not impressed with them. Unit wheels wobble, it may start leaking down soon after purchasing when you are trying to lift and just change a tire. Also when trying to lower the vehicle they have had a tendency to just about drop the vehicle instead of easily lowering it.

Craftsmen are good, never had an issue with the two I have used before.

Other sources would be JC Whitney, Norther Tool, might even check with your local auto parts house and see what they have.

For one to keep in the vehicle I am using two from Wal-Mart. Both do a find job when on the road.

When looking for a floor jack no matter which one you get make sure to have jack stands with it. Never ever trust any floor jack by it self to keep the vehicle off of you. They are for lifting, not full supporting of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have two that I got at Sams club. A 3 ton for home use and a 1 1/2 or 2 ton I keep behind the seat in my 87 D 100. Had them for several years and so far so good.:gr_patrio

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought the Habor Freight alum floor jack that has the lights in it. It is the jack I carry in my van. After I bought it, I tested it and it worked fine. I hope if I ever need to use it that it works then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.