DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know this is a pretty straight forward task, I was just wondering if anyone new the correct dimensions of the grade 8 bolts to use? I have seen a few ball park guesses, but it would be great to already have the bolts before I grind off the rivets.

Any help is much appreciated!

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
i bought inch and a half for mine.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
im not positive on width but i can check when i got some light and let you know if no one beats me to it lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! I know someone on here said the width was a 1/2". I am still debating on going through with it or not. Right now I have Belltech 2" drop springs up front and Belltech 2" drop shackles in the rear. I wanted to keep the stock rake for towing and payload purposes. But we will see I suppose.

Thanks again.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
i flipped mine and it was cheap and effective. looks good to. and the nice thing is if you dont like it just re flip it and your back to how it was. half inch sounds right but ill check

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate it!

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
so i think there half inch. it was hard to measure it. being inside the frame and my truck is a little low to the ground lol. when i did mine i just popped a rivet out and took it down to the bolt shop to get all them figured out. sorry i couldnt help more.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
and the best bet if your looking for drop shocks online it ebay and canuk motorsports. there cheap and there amazing shocks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, a ton little yellow. I think I may hold off for a while, I'd hate to drop the rear another two inches while I am still pulling a trailer around 3 days a week or so.

About the drop shocks, I would really love to avoid that, I have Bilstein shocks all the way around and they are probably the best shock you can get for your Ram as far has handling goes. My plan was basically to flip the hangars, and swap my 2" drop shackles for my 1.5" drop shackles I have in box, that way it would only be 3.5" in the rear so I could retain my Bilsteins.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
the only problem with that is when shocks are compressed they dont work at much. sounds dumb i know. my shocks worked great till i dropped the truck. with it being almost completely compressed it doesnt have the force needed to rebound fully. if you want to keep the shocks i would only drop the back 2 inches. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alrighty, just reinforces my idea to keep the setup I have then. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I used 1/2 bolts around 1 1/2 long.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1118574&postcount=10

Awesome another home brew drop........fixing to do another one myself just like this.My stepsons 2000 sport has new 20's fixing to be installed,and has drop shackles now,and will flip the front hangers and clip the front coils for a questimated 2-4 drop. Did this to my sons 98 but also removed a leaf and other front mods for a 3-5 with no out of pocket expense.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used 1/2 bolts around 1 1/2 long.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1118574&postcount=10

Awesome another home brew drop........fixing to do another one myself just like this.My stepsons 2000 sport has new 20's fixing to be installed,and has drop shackles now,and will flip the front hangers and clip the front coils for a questimated 2-4 drop. Did this to my sons 98 but also removed a leaf and other front mods for a 3-5 with no out of pocket expense.
I'm glad you've found this thread, I have read a lot of your posts. Do you plan on running stock shocks with the setup you guys are doing? How much is towing capacity reduced?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, so I went through with it. But now it looks like it moved my axle an inch or so forward. Has anyone who has done this noticed this?

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
nope sure didnt. it shouldnt move at all. did you make sure the pin from the springs went back in the diff ok?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't mess with the pin. I just unbolted the leaves from the hanger, flipped them, and bolts the leaves back up.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
i dont get it? flip the leaf and not the frt hanger?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did this

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
did you have to drill new hole locations?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I did not.

I went ahead and flipped them back over to be safe. Don't feel like tearing up a tranny seal or something of the like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.