DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
He he he he...huh?
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got an error code (E6D) on my 3815 and it said I can fix the error on the Flashpaq website. I called customer service and they told me to shut off all virus protection and firewalls before I start. Can anybody help me out on how to do this?

Regards,
Abrams

·
Registered
464 Posts
You have basically got to put your box directly on the public Internet with no firewall or traffic monitor in place. Superchips did an awesome job cracking the Ram's computer but hired some "has-been hack" to code the update program. It uses random TCP and UDP ports and multiple source IP addys, which is how most viruses "find" targets and propagate. Any halfway decent firewall sees this type of traffic/communication as virus-related activity and kills the connections. Hence, your tuner never gets the update. Just make sure your machine is 100% up-to-date with the latest patches from MS, pop it into your firewall's DMZ or hook your broadband connection directly into the computer, update the tuner, and get it back behind whatever firewall you use as soon as the update is complete. Be sure to run a full AV scan when you are done just to be safe.

FWIW, pop-up blockers don't affect the update process. Also, most AV scanners generally don't block the updates unless you have a firewall-type application integrated into it (ie. Norton Internet Security, Trend Micro Internet Security, etc).

Good luck! Hope this helps! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.