DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mom has a 2000 intrepid that has some pretty bad scratches on it on the front nose (1st pic,i think they are fromt pulling up to far in the garage) and there is some flaking down below too (2nd pic). can these be buffed out or will the front nose have to be painted? im almost positive its fiberglass and not any kind of metal but it either way it still looks like hell. what will i need to get it lookin normal again, if i can? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well the scratches can get buffed out ... depending on how deep they are .. and as for the the peeling ... thats not buffable .... that needs strippin and redoin ...

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
The second pic, no fixin that. Need to repaint. The scratches may be able to be buffed out. You will need professional help on that unless you have a pc with cutting pad and heavy abrasive polish, or high speed rotory. You will not get those out by hand or with a little $20 orbital buffer.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
To me, the scratches look pretty deep in the first pic, looks like one of the scratches goes down to the plastic, the second pic...it's hooped. Looks like a trip to the bodyshop to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.