DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those running the FK60 controller, please post your temp probe location and the fan you're running.

Also, please post your gauge movement with your current location.

Any pics or feedback would be helpful. :)

Thanks,

Sil

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Hey Sil, facing the radiator from the front...mine is placed in the lower right corner from the front....I think the probe is suppose to be placed in the lower corner passenger side coming from the rear...

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I was always under the impression that it is supposed to be mounted in the top right corner next to the upper radiator hose? That is where mine is and it has worked fine.

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I was always under the impression that it is supposed to be mounted in the top right corner next to the upper radiator hose? That is where mine is and it has worked fine.

mine is upper right hand corner too. works great

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Upper right habh corner facing the front of the truck. Its about 1.5" away from the side.

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
i tried from the front and my truck ran hot so i put in from the back 2 rows up from the bottom right side next to the hose and it runs realy good there i think this is the best place the directions also say to put it there

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Well let me correct this, Im running a Flex-A-Light fan and controler,, and Sil's running a FK-60, so the placement may be different.

I do know when it gets hot the needel moves about 1 hour then the fan turns on. Seems to work really well for me so far.

Just wanted to clear things up.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
FK-60 instructions specify placing it on the outlet side of the radiator which is the lower corner,where the cooler water exits to the engine,not sure why FK-60 wants it there because the inlet of the radiator is the top where the hose enters which is where the hot water from the engine enters. All of my elec fans with a controller I have installed the temp probe closely to the inlet of the radiator (top side) where the coolant is exiting the engine into the radiator which is where the hottest coolant will be...........the coolant gets cooler as it flows across the radiator while its being drawn downward to the outlet on the opposite lower side of the radiator. I am still not sure why the FK-60 wants the probe at the part of the radiator where the coolest coolant would be??? Still trying to figure that one out but I am not the designer of the FK-60,so maybe someone knows.

Attachments

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
slammed1 said:
FK-60 instructions specify placing it on the outlet side of the radiator which is the lower corner,where the cooler water exits to the engine,not sure why FK-60 wants it there because the inlet of the radiator is the top where the hose enters which is where the hot water from the engine enters. All of my elec fans with a controller I have installed the temp probe closely to the inlet of the radiator (top side) where the coolant is exiting the engine into the radiator which is where the hottest coolant will be...........the coolant gets cooler as it flows across the radiator while its being drawn downward to the outlet on the opposite lower side of the radiator. I am still not sure why the FK-60 wants the probe at the part of the radiator where the coolest coolant would be??? Still trying to figure that one out but I am not the designer of the FK-60,so maybe someone knows.
next to the out letdoesnt make the fan run all the time only when it gets hot so my fan runs less then yours not that they arent the same temp buy the way have you ever felt your wiring when its runing my wires are hotttt i had to put a heavy connector on because it bernt the one that it came with

·
Banned
508 Posts
I have a question in regards to the placement or location of install. Where have you guys been installing your controllers? I have mine mounted on the front of the front brace, driverside, brace directly behind grill. problem is: Are these things :"waterproof" i got mine wet the other day and could of sworn I heard some sizzling? weird thing is it still works like new?? I'm thinking it might be smart to find a new place to mount it? UNLESS you guys tell me its waterproof... and/or design some sort of cover for it.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
viper1 said:
I have a question in regards to the placement or location of install. Where have you guys been installing your controllers? I have mine mounted on the front of the front brace, driverside, brace directly behind grill. problem is: Are these things :"waterproof" i got mine wet the other day and could of sworn I heard some sizzling? weird thing is it still works like new?? I'm thinking it might be smart to find a new place to mount it? UNLESS you guys tell me its waterproof... and/or design some sort of cover for it.
Here's what Brian fabbed up. I wanted it installed in front of the battery. He did a great job! :)

Sil

Attachments

·
Banned
508 Posts
would there be anything wrong with putting a cover over the front of it, like just for the winter or forever for that matter. I now realize I screwed up where I placed mine. I wasn't thinking about the rain and such.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
viper1 said:
would there be anything wrong with putting a cover over the front of it, like just for the winter or forever for that matter. I now realize I screwed up where I placed mine. I wasn't thinking about the rain and such.
I think it would be ok. Maybe you can fab something up and just make sure whatever you put over it is slightly vented?

Sil

·
Banned
508 Posts
yeah I considered going to home depot and buying a piece of tin and fabbing something up, but, figured I would ask first.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You could place it in a way that would protect it against the elements and still have some ventilation. I think it would work! :)

Sil

·
Banned
508 Posts
SilsHemi said:
You could place it in a way that would protect it against the elements and still have some ventilation. I think it would work! :)

Sil
This part confused me bro.? because I already have it mounted. but, I think I know what you mean? it would be nice to be able to be lazy though, and just buy something. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.