DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys: I have to change my 1 ton 727 from a fixed yoke to a regular tailshaft and yoke on the driveshaft. I believe that all I need to do this will be supplied by a junker transmission. I don't think it matters if it is BB or SB but maybe the clutch housings are smaller on the SB ones. Has anyone done this and can give some advice. I may be dreaming but I don't think so. Its been 25 yrs since my last 727 rebuild. Thanks

· Registered
563 Posts
I was told by a transmission rebuilder that the guts from a big block trans will fit a small block and vise versa. I would think that all it would take would be a tail shaft and its housing although I am no trans guru so maybe someone will step in with alittle more knowledge and give a definate answer.

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
Only difference is the bellhousing. Why exactly do you have to change? The bolt-on yoke is stronger.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to use a regular slip joint driveshaft.The fixed 1 had a steady bearing and I only have a shortbox. Any old short box automatic tranny driveshaft from the junkyard will work and I think even the 833 4 speed one.It has an 8 1/4 rear so no need for a hugh ujoint or shaft. I think something else will twist off first.Time will tell. Thanks for the feedback.

· Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,132 Posts
Oh, you're putting a 1-ton trans into a 1/2-ton shortbed. I thought you were converting a 1-ton truck to slip-yoke lol. Makes sense now :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.