DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed lately that my 95 Ram has a real small rear main leak. I looked at everything else and it's the main. Leaks 2-3 drops of oil when ever I park it for more than an hour of two (I've been watching it for a month and it really hasn't changed the level on the stick). I understand it's not a real fun job and it sometimes you get it to stop for a while and it comes back. Truck has 270,000 miles but is perfect in every other way, What would you guys do? I normally would do it in a heartbeat but I'm looking at a getting a CTD in a year or so so I don't want to put more money than I have too in this truck.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
If you're getting rid of it soon, don't worry about it - if that "year or so" turns into 2 or 3 years, I'd fix it.

270k is a pretty good run :tup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turbinemech said:
I agree with edglock21. I don't know if it's true or not. I have heard that Lucas oil additive actually slows and sometimes stops leaks. Put in the Lucas if your worried about the leaking.
I've heard that too. I was thinking about draining out a quart of oil and trying that. What the heck, I don't have anything to lose at this point.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Dodge318 said:
Does anyone else have any other suggestons or ideas of a stop leak to try? It's a real minor leak.
My CTD has a slight leak also, it hardly ever hits the ground, really i'm not worried about it and unless you park it on a clean driveway/in a garage I wouldn't worry about it unless you know exactly what it is, you could make things worse.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mocho said:
My CTD has a slight leak also, it hardly ever hits the ground, really i'm not worried about it and unless you park it on a clean driveway/in a garage I wouldn't worry about it unless you know exactly what it is, you could make things worse.
Mine was like that for a long time. Now it hit's the ground, A drip or two every time I park it. Not nearly enough to move it on the dipstick, just enough to p*** me off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.