DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 03 5.7 Hemi 2500 4wd qwd cab 8ft box ( only 17000mils)
What would be a good way of determining rearend ratio and if it is a limited slip?
If it is the vin # coding is there a chart thats available?

Thanks much fellows?
PS Up to this point there has always been a Ford in my garage !
The wife really liked the cab and the exterior door handles on the quad cab.

Jackpine Savage

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Hi and welcome. Usually there is a sticker in the glovebox that should say what gears you have and if you have a LSD. There might be a label on your rear end that might list the gear ratio and if it has an LSD, but I can not remember for sure.

If all else fails and if you have a floor jack, you can block your front wheels, put the truck in neutral, release the parking brake and jack up the rear end under the diff pumpkin until both rear wheels are in the air. Then turn one of the wheels and if the other wheel turns the same way you have an LSD, othewise is is an open diff. I think the 2500s have either 3.73s or 4.10s. You could turn one of the wheels one revolution and if the drive shaft turns 3 3/4 revolutions, you have the 3.73, and if it turns just over 4 you have the 4.10s.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no but fished there
originaly from New Rome (south of wisrapids)
We now live in Indiana
my handle jackpine was given to me by a friend from the Nekoosa area where there are a lot of jackpines for the paper mill area.
I just bought a 03 2500 4wd 5.7 only had 17000mls.
The reason I went on this Dodge site to see if anyone else has the ticking sound from there 5.7 hemi. Well low and behold there seems to be a brotherhood of tickers out there.
Sure wish I would have heard of this inherent problem before switching to Dodge.
Only good thing so far is I still have 2 more years on the warranty.
Till then i will try and keep my composure , cause I haye a ticking engine
Jackpine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.