DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea... I know this isn't a 3G Ram, but this is like home... and the lights came off my last two 3G Rams so :p.

Did my first real mod today... I emphasize that because it's the only real thing I've done to it, but also because I did have to mod it to get it to work.

So, I've had a set of PIAAs on my last 4 trucks that my Grandfather had bought me awhile back. Well, when I went to trade the truck in, I asked for the lights. The dealer fought me on it for awhile... till I told them why I wanted it (my Grandfather had bought them and now he's passed), so I was able to keep them. Having thought about it once, but didn't think it'd really work out... I stuck them in my toolbox. Well today I looked at the front of the car and got started.

Now, it took awhile to get the damned bumper off (GD hidden bolts) but I did that. Then the next hassle was getting them mounted. There's a nice solid piece to mount them to, but no real easy way to mount them. I could drill all the way through it, but that'd be 4 pieces to drill through. I thought of getting another piece to mount them to and just fasten it to the piece, but that'd be cheasy. So I decided to just drill through the bottom piece. Then I had to figure out how to hold the nut inside the piece since it was over a foot in and only in a 1x2 piece that I was gonna have to work in. So, I ended up sticking a wrench in with the nut in the open end and a long ratchet stuck in the boxed end and pushed it in.

Get it all mounted and aimed decently... I put everything back together and head out to aim them and get some shots. Here's the result:

Looks pretty good to me... and now I don't need to worry about getting a set of fogs from the dealer to go in designated spots.

For all the pix (since I didn't wanna overload the post here) check it: http://photobucket.com/albums/y232/BornRaisedInCSA/Stratus/Fogs

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
looks good man!!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
leave it to Bubba to put offroad lights on a stratus! lol

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Damn skippy... I just needed more light. :)

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
:rck: Nicely done Bubba, shoestring budgets just make us more creative is all. :D I admire that more than somethings guys spend hundreds of dollars on that is pre-made ya know?

KB

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, it does add a bit more meaning to it when it's something you really have to mod. :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I think it would clean it up on the front pretty good if you took off that license plate frame. But just my opinion

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I did that when I got it home... only to find 3 huge holes the dealer put in the bumper to mount it. :( So that's why I went out and found a plate to put on there.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Like I said in one of the other threads you made about this.... :nutkick:

It looks GREAT Bubba! Nice and bright. I like the way the light shines out of the bumper insert..... it looks really menacing. :D

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey... I wanted to get it out there. No way would it get seen in the Stratus section. lol

You talking about right under the grille? Yea, that does give it a nice look. :)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Hey... I wanted to get it out there. No way would it get seen in the Stratus section. lol

You talking about right under the grille? Yea, that does give it a nice look. :)
In that last pic, it really looks like a modern day "Christine"!

Like I said...... menacing. :cool:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea... but that was a classic car and had some balls. This one doesn't so much. :(

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Yea... but that was a classic car and had some balls. This one doesn't so much. :(
Yeah it had a big ol' V8... but it weighed more than your old CTD. :D

I bet the Strat would out-run that Plymouth anyday!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It might... especially with all the plans I have for it. However, I think I'd still drive that over this. Well, as long as it didn't kill me... lol

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
It might... especially with all the plans I have for it. However, I think I'd still drive that over this. Well, as long as it didn't kill me... lol
Yeah that little problem with the car being posessed could be a downside..... lol.

I'm anxious to see what you do with the Stratus..... I've seen a few others around here who made them pretty fast. And by around here, I mean on DT. You don't see those cars here in Texas for some reason.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well... once the money is able to be put to something other then bills and debt, I'm gonna get an intake, some kind of programmer and eventually a Turbo on it since it's the same 2.4 as the SRT-4. Other then that... little stuff like plugs and wires is about all that I know is really out for it. At least till I'm able to really put money into it.

That's performance... appearance I plan on upgrading to an R/T front clip or maybe even the Eclipse front since that looks really aggresive. Gonna go for a set of 19s on it so that'll fill up the wheel well some and then probably a small drop to fill the gap even more.

Then there's the system... hopefully that'll be going in before too much longer. :)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Well... once the money is able to be put to something other then bills and debt, I'm gonna get an intake, some kind of programmer and eventually a Turbo on it since it's the same 2.4 as the SRT-4. Other then that... little stuff like plugs and wires is about all that I know is really out for it. At least till I'm able to really put money into it.

That's performance... appearance I plan on upgrading to an R/T front clip or maybe even the Eclipse front since that looks really aggresive. Gonna go for a set of 19s on it so that'll fill up the wheel well some and then probably a small drop to fill the gap even more.

Then there's the system... hopefully that'll be going in before too much longer. :)
Sounds like the makings of a really bad a$$ car!

I am willing to bet... you will be the first DT member to have won TOTM and COTM. We've already had one win COTM twice... but nobody has ever won them both.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, that's what I'd like... that would be jsut sweet. But of course that'd just be another ?OTM plate I'd be waiting on...

However, I have a feeling with all the Magnums on here and soon to be Chargers... no ones gonna look at my Strat.:(

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Yea, that's what I'd like... that would be jsut sweet. But of course that'd just be another ?OTM plate I'd be waiting on...

However, I have a feeling with all the Magnums on here and soon to be Chargers... no ones gonna look at my Strat.:(
Well I guess we'll see... make it fast as heck and look good all at the same time, and people will vote for you.

You never got your TOTM plate? Ron is the one handling those now..... you should let him know. Sikpuppy won COTM a couple months ago and he has his plate.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, I'm gonna try and get it done... would be sweet.

Nope, never got my plate... Ron is handleing them now, but only for the new year. I've been in contact with Paul over several e-mails and several PMs and I've got severalof them saying he'll be sending them out. I was trying like hell to get it while I still had the truck... but it's gone so I almost don't even care anymore other then the principal of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.