DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first real mod today... I emphasize that because it's the only real thing I've done to it, but also because I did have to mod it to get it to work.

So, I've had a set of PIAAs on my last 4 trucks that my Grandfather had bought me awhile back. Well, when I went to trade the truck in, I asked for the lights. The dealer fought me on it for awhile... till I told them why I wanted it (my Grandfather had bought them and now he's passed), so I was able to keep them. Having thought about it once, but didn't think it'd really work out... I stuck them in my toolbox. Well today I looked at the front of the car and got started.

Now, it took awhile to get the damned bumper off (GD hidden bolts) but I did that. Then the next hassle was getting them mounted. There's a nice solid piece to mount them to, but no real easy way to mount them. I could drill all the way through it, but that'd be 4 pieces to drill through. I thought of getting another piece to mount them to and just fasten it to the piece, but that'd be cheasy. So I decided to just drill through the bottom piece. Then I had to figure out how to hold the nut inside the piece since it was over a foot in and only in a 1x2 piece that I was gonna have to work in. So, I ended up sticking a wrench in with the nut in the open end and a long ratchet stuck in the boxed end and pushed it in.

Get it all mounted and aimed decently... I put everything back together and head out to aim them and get some shots. Here's the result:

Looks pretty good to me... and now I don't need to worry about getting a set of fogs from the dealer to go in designated spots.

For all the pix (since I didn't wanna overload the post here) check it: http://photobucket.com/albums/y232/BornRaisedInCSA/Stratus/Fogs

·
Registered Hoser
369 Posts
Did you copy and paste that from 2gstratus.org? Because I was getting major deja vu while reading that. ;)

It's really cool that you've had those lights in common with your past trucks. And they look good too, hidden but bright enough to knock your socks off if you're looking right at them. Hopefully they'll be on many more of your future rigs.

BTW, it said I needed a password to see the other pics in the link you posted.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IWantARam said:
Did you copy and paste that from 2gstratus.org? Because I was getting major deja vu while reading that. ;)

It's really cool that you've had those lights in common with your past trucks. And they look good too, hidden but bright enough to knock your socks off if you're looking right at them. Hopefully they'll be on many more of your future rigs.

BTW, it said I needed a password to see the other pics in the link you posted.
lol yea, I copied the same post from there... it's also the same post on CloudCars too. :)

Yea, I was glad to be able to put the lights on there... 1 just so I can have them and put them to use instead of sitting in my toolbox, but also because I just wasn't putting out enough light with just the headlights.

A password huh... damnit, I was araid of that. I tried to get the link to that album... even logged out to try and get to it. Oh well... try and go to PhotoBucket.com and look up the name BornRaisedInCSA. From the main album, hit Stratus and then the Fog album.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a grille dress up kit on the way... so that'll be on there. I also bought an interior trim kit, so hopefully it'll be the same as what I have so I can either paint them myself, or save them to send off to get coated. I've also got a set of headlight bulbs on the way too.

Other then that... I've got a Frame Cam that I'll be getting in a couple weeks or so. Then I'm gonna be done for a bit while the $$$ evens out again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.