DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought i would buy one (another SUV ) because of mpg but after debating i did it. Ended up getting a 06 with 16k miles on it for 20k, fully loaded and all options, 5.7L , on the sticker it says SLT/Avenger...,never heard of the Avenger what is it?

Is there anything i need to be on the lookout for this vehicle as terms of problems, I know most of the time when you visit a board pertaining to something usually its where people come to complain about a vehicles problems, ive only had it for a few hours now but i figured i would join up now and find out a little more about it from you guys.

My previous vehicle was a 99 durango, HORRIBLE gas mileage, i would get around 260 miles a tank!. This one should be better hopefully.

A few questions for you guys..

#1. What your YOU getting in terms of MPG?

#2. Place to get running boards and how much roughly?

#3.When the engine shuts off cylinders , is that only in cruise control mode?, 90% of my drive to work is highway and knowing this would be great.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
welcome to DT!! plenty of reading to get started im sure...i have an 07 Ram w/mds and it goes into 4 cyl even in the city with light driving...if the throttle is less than 30% than the mds should kick in...

thats weird that your sticker says Avenger as that's a Dodge car :huh:

and im sure there are vendors/sponsors on here that will give the best option to get running boards/step bars at :rck:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does it actually say Adventurer?? If so, it is an option package, I believe.

1) City driving ~12mpg(winter) 14(summer)-- HWY driving ~18mpg.....but I have 33" tires

2) +1 to what rb513 said

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aypanthony said:
Does it actually say Adventurer?? If so, it is an option package, I believe.

1) City driving ~12mpg(winter) 14(summer)-- HWY driving ~18mpg.....but I have 33" tires

2) +1 to what rb513 said

Ah yes adventurer, thats what it is, sorry for the mistake

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The adventurer package, I believe was the different colored bumpers and step sides and you got your choice of an aftermarket piece.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hemi4wheeling said:
The adventurer package, I believe was the different colored bumpers and step sides and you got your choice of an aftermarket piece.

Interesting, i dont have any of that...Im happy either way, but I will definitely be buying some runners, I did not realize how used to having them i was on my previous Durango, Plus my daughter couldnt get into the truck since there was no runners.

whats a decent set go for?

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Welcome to DT!

I have to apologize for my comrades for not greeting you properly!
(Except the RAM Guy, but he is a post whore!).

Good move!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
sca said:
Welcome to DT!

I have to apologize for my comrades for not greeting you properly!
(Except the RAM Guy, but he is a post whore!).

Good move!
We all save it for you. It is your job and yours only!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
shockwave said:
Interesting, i dont have any of that...Im happy either way, but I will definitely be buying some runners, I did not realize how used to having them i was on my previous Durango, Plus my daughter couldnt get into the truck since there was no runners.

whats a decent set go for?
Depends on if you want factory or nerf bars. Nerf bars go for around $200 shipped and the factory ones go for over $300 painted. My kids couldn't get in without the bars either.

·
Black Durangos Rock
800 Posts
Hemi4wheeling said:
We all save it for you. It is your job and yours only!

We must all wait patiently for the official DT door greeter. AKA...sca. LOL

By the way...Welcome to the show SHOCKWAVE. You will find a lot of good information here... and a few clowns (you all know who you are).

Careful for asking advice from Hemi4Wheeling... although his advice is very sound, he WILL hold you hostage for your vote for the SUV of the Month... LOL

He is way overdue!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome Shockwave:
Hey guys, can I be a greeter too,or am I still a puke face newbie :newbie: :D .
Shockwave, I bought an 06 Adventurer series a month ago for $19,300 with 26,000 miles on it. I think you did quite well on the price. My truck is black with the silver side steps and bumpers as well. It really is a beautiful truck, and will really be smoking when I am finished with it. My hobby is turning vehicles into show cars, so I have some toys to add onto it yet. I will not pimp this truck out like my past vehicles, b/c the Durango really is a very nice looking truck on it's own. I did bug gaurd, vent gaurds, stainless steell exhaust tip and dark window tinting already. I am going to add some offroad tires, rims, (possibly) and a rampage grill gaurd (stainless) with a set of black Piaa 520 lamps.

To find a truck with 16,000 miles on it is a very good find. I wish you well.

PS- Lund makes very nice plastic running boards. Check it out.

Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hemi4wheeling said:
Depends on if you want factory or nerf bars. Nerf bars go for around $200 shipped and the factory ones go for over $300 painted. My kids couldn't get in without the bars either.
the ones on my other durango looked like they came stock, they matched the vehicle perfectly , the outside of the them was that plastic stuff with the rubber for treads in the middle.

Id like to get those again!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Welcome Shockwave, you'll enjoy it here. You can get just about any question you have concerning your Durango answered here.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Or Westin wide oval bars FTW!

Welcome to our corner of the .net

·
MatrixMan
1,073 Posts
As BA mentioned above, Westin makes a great aftermarket tubular side step. I have the Platinum Stainless Series. I still have my OEM Runners in case I want to change the look back to stock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to DT!!

Believe it or not but I also purchased a 06 Durango SLT on the 7th too!! It is black with the factory running boards, chrome grill and the dealer added chrome door handle covers and the stainless on the rocker panels. Mine has the 4.7l in it which seems to get about 21mpg on the highway when I was driving home from the dealer.

I think I got a pretty good buy. I live in Minnesota and the truck was traded in at a Chev/Jeep dealer for a motorhome from a literally a little old lady from Tenn. It has never seen the winter yet. I bought it for $17,900 and it has 32,000 on it. We are still trying to figure everything out but so far we are very pleased with the ride and looks.

Not sure if we are going to do any customizing to it this year. We have talked about adding a lift to it but I am not sure I want to ruin the MPG by adding bigger tires.

I will try to post some pictures later for all you to see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.