DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys, I have a '04 2500 QC 4x4 5.7L & I'm really wanting to do my first mod. Have three things in mind.
CAI, exhaust, then maybe superchip. First question - What will and what won't affect warranty? (believe it or not I still have some powertrain left)
I figure the chip will for sure void warranty, but thought I would ask. Which would you do first?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
superchips will get you into trouble if you leave the tune in, but what you do is set it back to stock before you take it in for any service.

a good sounding exhaust makes it a truck

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
superchips will get you into trouble if you leave the tune in, but what you do is set it back to stock before you take it in for any service.

a good sounding exhaust makes it a truck
you always beat me to it

:werd:

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
the combo of CAI and exhaust will sound nice, as far as the tune, as long as you put it back to stock when its in for service, they will have no clue.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
he he... you have to be quick ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you guys recommend brands of CAI, I see a wide range of prices on these things. Also any other recommendations (brand names, models, ETC.) would be appreciated....

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I love my Volant CAI. I won't pay for an exhaust when I can have a custom setup with a FM for around 200 installed

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
See a local exhaust shop to put in a cust cat back ehaust on your truck. I have delta flow 40s on my truck and they scream. I have a k&n 77 series cold air on mine also with a throttle body spacer from airaid..... Anything you do is gonna be better then stock lol

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Doesnt matter what mod you do, once you do one you will dso more. Its like getting tattoos, you dont stop at one.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Make sure you replace the restricted Y pipe if and when you do exhaust..:tup:

You need to put some pictures in a Gallery.
You have good taste(we have the same truck)...:rck:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Cai

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Doesnt matter what mod you do, once you do one you will dso more. Its like getting tattoos, you dont stop at one.
this website is listed on Obama's stimulus plan.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
can you guys recommend brands of CAI, I see a wide range of prices on these things. Also any other recommendations (brand names, models, ETC.) would be appreciated....
first question comes to mind is how much are you willing to spend on a cai? Second is are you going for all our performance or just improvement over stock?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't want to break the bank, but the first priority is to get as much bang for the buck as I can. I see $$ that range from 70 - 300. Just seems like a wide range to me. Obviously if the $70 intake works as well as the $300 one, I'll take the cheaper one. But I doubt that is the case. Also,will the dealership freak when they see a CAI? (on warranty work).

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I'd say exhaust is your first mod, then a CAI. I'm waiting for my warranty to run out before I get a programmer (my 04 only has 43,400 miles on it).

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I don't want to break the bank, but the first priority is to get as much bang for the buck as I can. I see $$ that range from 70 - 300. Just seems like a wide range to me. Obviously if the $70 intake works as well as the $300 one, I'll take the cheaper one. But I doubt that is the case. Also,will the dealership freak when they see a CAI? (on warranty work).
Well in some cases the $70 one does perform as good as the more expensive ones.

no they should not freak.....even if there is a problem they would have to prove that the cai caused the problem before they denied warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.