DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I can't really brag about this but, I'm going to anyway. It was my first actual race in my truck.
I pull up to a stop light with my g-friend in the truck. I look beside me and there is one of those Scion cars. Not the box looking one, but thier sporty "racing" one that looks like an Acura RSX. The light turned green and we all started to go normally except that I wasn't going to let him get in front of me. He looked over at me and it was on. We both punched, I know he punched because I heard his front tires squeal. We went to the next light which was probably a little shorter than 1/4 mi and his bumper was at my back door (I have a QC).

I know it's not a great kill, but it was my first race in my truck, I have had my truck for 7 months now. I thought it was great, and so did my g-friend.

haha

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Werd!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
A kill's a kill man, 'specially when it's a rice-burnin' goober trying to flex his itty-bitty four cylinder muscle:D

And before I get the barrage of "Them's pretty good cars, they build power, they's purty fast, yadda yadda"....I know that! It just ain't as stiffy-producing as an American V8 huffing in the intake, and roaring out the pipes.

Good kill!

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's so great to hear! There are a few around here (Hawaii) that act a little punchy, glad to hear that our trucks are faster!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I heard that they run a mid 15 sec. 1/4 mile. So if it was an all out race from the start he would probably whoop you. But a kill is always a kill as long as you are both racing....so nice kill!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm actually thinking that he was just pretty crappy at driving his manual. In an all out race from the start he might have won. I may be young, but I've been racing for quite a while and one thing I've learned is that you can have the fastest car (or truck) in the world... But if you can't drive it it aint worth [email protected]#$!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
oobray said:
you can have the fastest car (or truck) in the world... But if you can't drive it it aint worth [email protected]#$!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen Brother Man!!!!!

I beat 5 different vehicles at the track one nite that were clearly faster but I crossed the finish line first because they did not know how to drive much less drag race!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.