DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Nope, no sticker in the glovebox; I just went out and looked. Yeah, I will be changing all fluids besides oil which was just changed..

This is my first truck, so I am new to differential and transfer case changes.... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Hmmm, that's odd. This will be important if you decide to go with larger tires. If you have 3.55s you will hate big tires. An easy way to tell is put the truck in neutral, jack the rear of the truck up by the rear differential, so the tires are off the ground. Make a reference point on your drive shaft as well as one of your rear tires. See how many turns of the drive shaft it takes to get one full revolution from the rear tires. 3 1/2 turns = 3.55, 4 turns = 3.92.

This is also a good time to check and see if you have LSD. Turn one of the rear tires while looking at the other one. If they spin in the SAME direction you have LSD, if they spin in OPPOSITE directions then you have an open differential (or a worn out LSD).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice truck, now get out the checkbook and start ordering parts! You could have got it a little cheaper, but that is not a terrible price, as long as you like the truck.

Is that blue or black? Kinda hard to tell in the pics.
It's a dark blue

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
It's a dark blue
The pics almost look black. That patriot blue is probably my favorite color, my old Dakota was that color.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
congrats....just enjoy it now like the others said

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
enjoy it, mod it, enjoy it more....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Congrats .... Enjoy, these trucks rock ..... vroom vroom :drivingz:

·
Registered
352 Posts
thats a beast deal. nice find

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
That price gives me no hope of every turning a buck when I go to trade in.

....so thanks for that.

Tint is a good first mod, until you get into this website more. You can't hardly mess up on tint.

Find out your gear ratio and get the lift early. If you put it off, you'll never have enough money to do it. Go into hock early, so at least you get to enjoy it while you mortgage your future in the name of awesome truckness.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
very nice enjoy

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Rear wheel liners are a cheap and very worthwhile mod, makes the truck look better and easier cleanup. If you haul anything I would look into getting a Linex spray in bedliner. Its worth the money, like your truck man. Looks good

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
good looking truck and not bad deal it looks clean as hell
my 05 with 37k is all dinged and scratched up

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
that's not too bad of a price and a good looking truck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
it is clean, and that price is ballpark in NY for a truck that year and that loaded. Most of all, it is clean!

Did you trade anything in? Remember sometimes, they give you more than you deserve on trade, and play numbers, because in NY you only pay tax on the difference. My dealer gave me 1500 more then the next on my trade.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Good lookin truck bro and Congrats on the new RAM!!

Welcome to the family!

-David

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.