·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I just purchased a dodge RAM at a local dealership:rck:

It is a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab (4 door) 4X4
1500 with hemi and towing package.
Has 111000 Miles
New tires Front and recently did a tune up.
Body is in GREAT shape with a few minor dents.
Has aftermarket Silverline dual exhaust
Leather, Power seat (Driver)
Power pedals
Auto darkening mirrior
Temp and compass
aftermarket sony stereo that displays pictures and silly videos on the removable faceplate.

I paid $8700, is that a good deal? Kinda got a crappy warranty; 2 months or 2000 miles.

Rides like a Cadillac and no thumping or noises at all. Suspension is NICE and steering is tight.

He was asking $9200, but I talked him down $500..

Should I have shopped around?? Thanks for your help!!!!

I LOVE MY RAM!!:thatfunny

Attachments

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
If you love it, that's all that matters. However, I think you paid too much for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Post pictures. Doesn't matter what everybody says, if you feel good about it and love the truck that's all that matters. :rck:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Little late to be asking now isnt it? Whats the difference, you already have it. All your gonna do with asking this question is give yourself a reason to lose sleep when folks come on here showing ya that you paid $1K too much. <<< Just threw that # in there.

Post some pics and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Do what the others have said and enjoy your truck.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
x2

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
My God did you overpay!!! Nah, I'm just kidding. Who cares bc at this point you already have it and you might as well just enjoy it.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Nice truck, now get out the checkbook and start ordering parts! You could have got it a little cheaper, but that is not a terrible price, as long as you like the truck.

Is that blue or black? Kinda hard to tell in the pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I want to go CRAZY ordering parts, but my income will not allow it at the moment!!

What kind of mods do you suggest when I have money? Thanks!!

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
You should first replace the factory Y pipe, I'm sure whoever put on the new exhaust left the stock Y pipe on there. This is cheap and easy mod, $25 for the part and about $40 to weld up. Then get you an ebay Mopar knockoff CAI. After that is when you start spending the bigger bucks.

I would also give her a full tune up: replace plugs and wires, change oil, transmission fluid and filters, fluid in both differentials and the transfer case.

A mild lift and 35's would look killer. What gears does it have? (Look in the glove box, either 3.55 or 3.92)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should first replace the factory Y pipe, I'm sure whoever put on the new exhaust left the stock Y pipe on there. This is cheap and easy mod, $25 for the part and about $40 to weld up. Then get you an ebay Mopar knockoff CAI. After that is when you start spending the bigger bucks.

I would also give her a full tune up: replace plugs and wires, change oil, transmission fluid and filters, fluid in both differentials and the transfer case.

A mild lift and 35's would look killer. What gears does it have? (Look in the glove box, either 3.55 or 3.92)
Nothing in glove box to let me know the gears. Dealer already changed oil, plugs and wires and cleaned injectors...

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Nothing in glove box to let me know the gears. Dealer already changed oil, plugs and wires and cleaned injectors...
There's not a white sticker stuck to the inside of the glove box door?

I would still replace transmission fluid and filters, fluid in both differentials and the transfer case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, no sticker in the glovebox; I just went out and looked. Yeah, I will be changing all fluids besides oil which was just changed..

This is my first truck, so I am new to differential and transfer case changes.... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice looking truck, need to put lift and bigger tires on it now!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.