DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Yes this is my first dodge(06 Ram 2500 Hemi).Was previously a ford truck man(NO LONGER).As I have done in the past I have Modded out my trucks.I have done some quick readin and see that BBK is a preferred header(shorty).As for the chip or controller??????.Another thing Im lookin for is the best intake and stainless exhaust.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Jim :cool:

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
congrats and welcome to DT...:rck:

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Wekcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

... Dodge and chips do not play well together. A stock truck works best with the SC. After you have dumped a great deal of mod into the truck, you'll need a programmer like the SCT. As for the rest, it's like asking whick oil, spark plug, or air cleaner should I use. You're going to alot of answers. Only you can best answer that because only you know how you drive your truck.

:)

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Hello everyone, Yes this is my first dodge(06 Ram 2500 Hemi).Was previously a ford truck man(NO LONGER).As I have done in the past I have Modded out my trucks.I have done some quick readin and see that BBK is a preferred header(shorty).As for the chip or controller??????.Another thing Im lookin for is the best intake and stainless exhaust.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Jim :cool:
If you want to keep with bolt on's then go with a Superchips 3865.

Borla and Magnaflow have good ss catback exhaust systems.

CAI is personal preference really. I've got a B.F.I which isn't being made right now and is supposed to go to a composite material instead of the metal one I've got. Look on Ebay. There are tons of different CAI's to choose from.

Good luck with the mods. :tup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the input guys.I'll be askin a bunch more questions.Just got out of the Hemi and love it.Thanks again

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Wow, another 2500, let's see that makes 3 no ...4 of us, just kidding there's a few of us around. Read my signature line, it's basicly a who's who of the most popular bolt on Mods. And welcome. :dtrocks:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been doing some research whats with the magnaflow y-pipe?I take it that it is an extra.I just got the truck and haven't been under it yet.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The factory y pipe kinks the 2.5" tubing and restricts exhaust flow....the magnaflow y pipe is all free open flowing

·
-Ben-
498 Posts
The y makes a pretty good difference, but if your replacing your entire exhaust then the new setup should have it right? I would do a y before thinking about headers though. Does a cai matter until you get headers? I just put my cai on and it seemed to make a difference but that was after my headers and y pipe. It always seemed to have enough air untill after the exhaust was truly free-ed up, the intake became the restriction.

·
Registered
379 Posts
welcome and have fun modding , the sc really wakes these pigs up

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyones tips are helping big time.I'll keep reading and digging into my new trunk.Thanks again

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
be careful where you put your money. do alotta research on each product before you buy it and you'll get the best bang for your buck. As far as the exhaust i'd reccomend buying a magnaflow y pipe and a dhm electric cutout. This will give you the option of being LOUD when you want to, and quiet when you have to. Alotta catback exhaust systems love to drone on the hemi motors and it gets annoying. A superchip would come next but there are many different tunings for different years, so do your homework to figure out exactly what tunes you will get.
hope it helped!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quick question can I install the magnaflow y-pipe to the stock muffler set-up until I have the cash for the rest of the system?I'm wondering if it with screw up the length when installing the rest of the system.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Welcome to DT.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Quick question can I install the magnaflow y-pipe to the stock muffler set-up until I have the cash for the rest of the system?I'm wondering if it with screw up the length when installing the rest of the system.
Go for it now. There's also a ported throttle body, it helps a little also. The big thing on these trucks are gears. 4.56's seem to be the favorite around here. I've got'em and have never looked back..!

Welcome to DT...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.