DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the new bumper. I will soon start the suspension work.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
side view??

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
THAT is.... is... IDK, I can't make up my mind whether i like it or not! Anyway you get a salute just for having a badass bumper! :gr_patrio

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
WOW! I love it! Bet it helps with the high speed stability, air deflected around instead of lifting the front of the truck at high speed. I bet you had to fab everything, it seems the aftermarket makes em for every vehicle but a Dodge. Are you gonna make any more trophy truck mods? What have you got for a rear end 9.25? Heres my rear end and believe it or not MoPar used to carry a few off-road suspension pieces for Dodge 1/2,3/4 tons a few years back,(at least 15 years ago?), any ways I love your rig and would love to see it in action!

Attachments

·
Spending
1,785 Posts
insane, both of you!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
It's the Mask!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill get some more pics up soon when i start doin some more work. The only thing i can do suspension wise is get some extended shock hoops custom done and throw in some reservoir shocks for the front. For the rear im gonna get new leafs new shackles and some resivoirs as well. Theres really nothin i can do as of rear flares but im trying to come up with something. Ill get some pics of it in action soon. Thanx for the feedback

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Wow. Truck looks seriously bitchin'!!!

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
threetwos said:
Cool American88, That Dak looks too cool! Keep us posted its badazz! :rck:
Dak?

amerikan88 the "D" looks good.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
are you going to fab some shock hoops that connect under the hood? Would be trick to mount the shock resevoirs up there - maybe some Bilstein 5150s or Fox shocks?

You could do the same thing in the rear too but you'd lose that third row of seating!

Some custom A-arms and drop spindle would net you awesome front ground clearance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So now..to name it. Your gonna have to come up with some cool catchy name for it now.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
jplinville said:
I swear his D is smiling in that pic.

Totally insane!! If there were only a way I could get my wife to let me do the same...

It's that South Park triangluar grin..

Oh and there is a way to get your wife to let you do that, unless you've already used the mid-life crisis excuse. But keep in mind, when that excuse is initiated, you have a 3-5 year grace period where you can still use the excuse at least 2 additional times without it becoming unreasonably repititious.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Unnamed said:

Oh and there is a way to get your wife to let you do that, unless you've already used the mid-life crisis excuse. But keep in mind, when that excuse is initiated, you have a 3-5 year grace period where you can still use the excuse at least 2 additional times without it becoming unreasonably repititious.
Oh, that's rich! I'll have to file that one for my NEXT wife...lol

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
WarrensD said:
Oh, that's rich! I'll have to file that one for my NEXT wife...lol

Oh yes and upon divorce / terminal illness / death / incapacitation / admittance to a nursing home or assisted living facility all excuse tallies are thereby reset and any previous excuse may be used again, even if the offspring object. Screw the greedy bass-turds, it not their money yet!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kevin_Rants said:
are you going to fab some shock hoops that connect under the hood? Would be trick to mount the shock resevoirs up there - maybe some Bilstein 5150s or Fox shocks?

You could do the same thing in the rear too but you'd lose that third row of seating!

Some custom A-arms and drop spindle would net you awesome front ground clearance.
Yes i plan on the 5150s and have thought about doing the rear 5150s too. Ive talked to many fab shops and have discussed (A arms/Coilover and other ideas) and that would run me almost as much as a solid axle swap with all the fab work they would have to do. Weve decided that the shock hoops would be the best idea for what i wanted to spend.

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
Unnamed said:

Excuse was used when I bought my D. She wanted a minivan and I wanted my testicles intact. She claimed I was un-caring and I claimed I wanted to feel young and manly. She wanted to see other minivans, I already bought the D.
:D :D

Any and all additions to the D MUST be explained as a truly needed addition. She doesn't see a need for a lift and larger tires, but I claim that it will help me get to and from work in the snow. LOL

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.