DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Daktoa 4.7L H.O. Auto Trans and all i can see that has been done to it is Headers and Muffler. But the truck will bark second gear real hard so guessing shift kit. What can I do or were can I go to check if the Computer has been reprogramed and what else may have been changed? :dunno: :drivingz:

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
There wasn't an H.O. in the Dakota till '05, so it isn't original if it is the H.O. Other than that, you would have to look and see if there is a sticker under the hood for any flashes done to it. You won't be able to tell if there is a performance tune on there without taking it too a dealer and having a scan done to it.

Andrew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H.o.???????

OK what makes a Motor an "H.O."?????????

It has been awhile scense I have built a motor or changed a Tranny out. So I am alittle(alot) behind on all the newer stuff that is out.

I mean I would think a V-8 motor with over head cams would fall in to the H.O. Class. I have not seen to many V-8 motors with that option.

Again I have a 01 Dakota(THAT IS NOT A H.O.) that will BURN THE TIRES OFF THE RIMS> I don`t know what has been done to the truck. It will bark second gear,has headers,what looks like a cat back muffler,not sure if the Gear has been changed but going 80 Mph the RPM`s are at 3 Grand so guessing I think the gear has been changed. :help: :help:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.