DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the easiest way to find out the gear ratio of my '07 6.7 4x4? can i just call dodge with the vin or is there another way?

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
There may be a tab on the rear diff: "3.5", "3.9", etc. No tab? Jack up the rear axle and turn the wheels, counting turns of the drive shaft.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Apparently you can call the dealer and they can look it up on the system through VIN. I came across some free websites that provide a lot of info with the VIN but nothing about ratio that I found.

Some people order different ratio from dealer sometimes too so the best way would be calling them. Or looking on transfer case. I looked in mine but couldn't see anything.

Good luck

·
Red Trucker
2,560 Posts
Mine was listed on an option sheet stuck in the glovebox>
That was where I first found mine. When I emailed Dodge to get my build sheet, it was on there as well. Now you can go to the owners tab on the ram truck site, register, type in your VIN and it will retrieve your build/options(not instantly I don't think). You can actually put any Mopar you own on there (have my wife's Liberty on there as well). Shows any historical data the factory/dealer network has on file.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Mine has a tag on the front diff. stating 3.55.

·
rockcrawler
251 Posts
My ram has it on the inside of the glove box.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
More the likely you have 3.73's. I know for GAS the options were 3.73 and 4.10 now they might have had a higher gear for the diesels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Went to dealer with vin number they told me the gear ratio within in minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.