DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ordered them yesterday after 2 months of deliberating. Got them from Dan the Fastman. He is a very knowledgable guy. Took his time to explain all the benefits of the cams (alot), the install and to generally tell me how much I am going to love them. Can't wait now, the cams should be here in two weeks. Should be able to surprise some other brand trucks now with all my mods and the cams. Only thing left is e-fan and ASP Pulley.

Anyone with 206 cams know what I should be running after install with my current mods? Will I be able to "surprise" some Ford's and Chevy's and a Toyota here and there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.7L has two cams.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Yeah... the 4.7L has 2 cams... I have swapped them out twice... so this means I have done 4 cam swaps in my truck. I have gotten fairly good at it.

Your going to love those 206 cams... Dan is a great guy and he always takes the time to answer all your questions when you call... Thats why I have purchased his Heads, Cams, 70mm Throttle body & Torque converter all from "The Fast Man".

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Thats sweet yzfman. :rck:

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
yzfman said:
Will I be able to "surprise" some Ford's and Chevy's and a Toyota here and there.
I'd really think you'd be surprising them now?

I know I do! :D

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Yeahh... I had a ford F-150 tried to keep up with me last night.... He first tried to keep me from passing him even though he was going slow up till the point I changed lanes. I had the cruze set to 65MPH and he was going about 60MPH... He started to speed up and just floored it as I got about to his bed... I was like "You *******" and put my foot through the carpet! ... I left him way way way behind me. I slowed down and let him catch up, he then pulled up right next to me and beeped his horn 3 times... When he hit the 3rd beep I walked away from him in a bad way and did not stop till he was well out of my rear view. I guess this guy thought his truck was fast... LOL. And Im sure he thought I had a HEMI... Those 206s will make some impressive HP.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
That guy I work with finally caught me out on the road, heading home. He has a 2005 5.4 F-150 with a custom Flow50 exhaust and K&N FIPK (that I installed for him, lol). He blew past me honking. So I figgered a quiet commute home was out of the question and took off after him. I caught him in less than a half mile, slowed to even us up, and we both nailed it at the same time (I'da liked to have heard that from the side of the road, lol). He never showed. In no time the only view I had of him was in the rearview. I finally let up when I looked down and saw 110! He said later he backed off when he hit 105 (but he noticed me with my four-ways up ahead already, lol).

Good thing, cause I hit the binders hard when I crested the hill and saw 5-O with another hapless motorist pulled over. The other guys that saw us take off thought it was me... :D

I just gotta figger out a way to let folks know they got beat... but not by a Hemi!

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I thought about getting a neon light made up that I can put in my back window... after I whoop them I hit the switch and all the see is

DONT NEED A HEMI
4.7L MAGNUM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
:thatfunny :thatfunny Freakin' awesome, lol!

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
That would be pretty neat. I would love to see that !!!! Not firsthand tho haha.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When are you going to start selling that sign? I may need to have something like that in the near future...

There are a couple guys at work with stock 5.4 ford and 5.3 chevy's that love to talk smack; game on in a few weeks.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
You need one of these:

I'm sorry!!! It's only a 287

on the back!

Andrew

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
What about:

NO, it ain't got a Hemi!
Sweeeeet!!

Lol......

·
Registered
200 Posts
HEMI what?

lol

or a buddy of mine had a f150 with a HEMI this... sticker on it but it was kinda sad because he had a high 16 second truck LOL

·
Registered
200 Posts
hey nick did you ever get that head/cam combo runnin right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.