DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
SilverbulletRam said:
Alright guys, you have convinced me to debagade also. What is the best way to get that tape off the truck once you pull off the badge!??? Help!
i used goof off and my fingers. Worked good for me. I have also heard the clay bar works well as well as a special eraser.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
dont listen to sam, goo gone dosent work as great. use 3M adhiesive remover. it is in the debadge tutorial.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
viper24 said:
dont listen to sam, goo gone dosent work as great. use 3M adhiesive remover. it is in the debadge tutorial.

becarefull with 3m adhiesive remover it can remove paint if you used to much of it...I would go ahead and use goo gone....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There are a few ways. You can check the interior/exterior fourm and there is a pretty good write up on it. I didnt want to use the "eraser wheel" mentioned in it. So i used the 20lb test fising string to "saw" the badges off. Then at walmart they see a 3M product that removes stickers, tar, etc. It is a little can and smells like paint thinner. I applied it to the double sided sticky crap and let it soak. Then applied some to a rag and peeled and picked the goop away. Washed the area then hit it with a clay bar and then some cleaner wax and then finished it off with NXT wax and a buffer. I have had my truck since Nov 03 and there is no ghosting at all. But check that tread and if you have any questions ask. Everyone that has done it will be glad to offer ther .02

·
Registered
414 Posts
Actually I used my thumb to kind of roll the tape off a bit at a time after I softened it up with acetone. It leaves behind a sticky residue which I used acetone to remove but goo gone or 3M will work on that also. Just don't use anything to scrape at it. It will scratch the paint. If you leave it out in the sun that helps with removal also.
It does require a little patience.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
acitone removing paint, hahaha! good one kevin.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I went and bought the Astro Smart Eraser Pad for $12.50, put it in my drill, and "erased" the double sided tape off like pencil of a piece of paper. It is made for body and paint shops "to dramatically reduce time spent on removal of pinstripes, adhesive and double faced tape."
I can't imagine how long it would have taken without this little "tool." Best $12.50 I ever spent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow...if that is the case, I'm sold! You might have something here. Would a regular auto parts store carry the Astro Smart Eraser Pad? Where would I might be able to find one?? I'll give it a try first before resorting to more prehistoric methods.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
SilverbulletRam said:
Wow...if that is the case, I'm sold! You might have something here. Would a regular auto parts store carry the Astro Smart Eraser Pad? Where would I might be able to find one?? I'll give it a try first before resorting to more prehistoric methods.
I've heard of a couple people buying them through a NAPA store, but I had to go to a specialty store in town that sold auto paint and supplies. I know that they can be purchased on ebay also.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.