DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Martin Saine Street&Strip Valve Body yesterday and WOW what a difference!!! After getting full of transmission fluid and sure everything was finally on go I went out and gave it some gas. It chirps second gear everytime and I can feel it go into overdrive. No more sloppy transmission. I LOVE IT!! If you like a good hard shift "neck snapping" then you need to get a valve body from The Fastman.com. If you don't like hard shifts then keep it stock. But I couldn't stand the stock one anymore! You might say what about the warranty. If the stealership finds out your not covered anymore:bawl:

Screw the stupid warranty its almost over anyway! I'm busting second gear now! Ok I'll calm down now.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
sounds good. think there's another guy that had this done and likes how the tranny shifts much better. how much did it run you for the part and labor...separate

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
will this mod work on the 04 HEMI?

<----------Cringes and waits for the innevitable answer of... NO......

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
dskirtech said:

duh, it'll work.

you're changing out the stock valve body for a better one. few people know this that why you don't hear much about it. i personally don't know extensively on this.

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Code:
dskirtech said:

I'm not going to say yes it will because I have the 46RE transmission and you have the 5-45RE trans. You will have to talk to Dan or check out his website. His number is (651) 484-0586 its OK to call this number its the one on the website. Or if you have any questions you can fill out a form on there and send it to him.

What I did was send him a e-mail and told him what I wanted far as how I wanted my transmission to shift. I new I wanted something that would bust second gear and go up higher in the rpms before it shifted. And buddy I got all of the above and then some. So I chose the street/strip one. He also has full manual valve bodies, I didn't need to go to that level. So I paid Dan by credit card and waited till it got here. It costs $300 plus shipping $18 plus deposit $160 = $468. You will get the $160 back when you ship the stock valve body back. So it was basically $318. I had to go to the dealership and get 3 gallons of ATF+4 transmission fluid because none of the local parts houses has the stuff. A guy at the dealership said Mopar is the only ones that make it. That set me back $42. I bought a new filter and gasket for the pan and just used the the filter. The instructions to do this is one The Fastman.com web site. I did everything it said and it was not hard at all. A little messy but thats it. I did a little fine tuning by adjusting the TV cable and might adjust it some more. If you need that information on the TV cable adjustment I can send it to you. It basically that you move the cable in and out to make the trans shift earlier or later in the rpms or set it for WOT. I would do this if you are sick and tired of a sloppy transmission. This better on your transmission because you are doing away with all the slipping into gear which causes heat build up. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions but Dan is a super nice guy and I called way over more than once and he kept the same attitude the whole time. I had some stupid questions I do admit. lol!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
This sounds like a nice mod for GOUGE....where are you gouge? Oh and he could use some of those 4.56 gears too.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Mullinax, Thanks for the info...

Im not real sure Us 5-45RE guys are gonna be able to do this... There is a company out there that basically sells this entire Mod in a kit much like your describing... Basically a "Shift improvement" version, a Street Strip Version, and an ALL out ballz out strip verison but they do not yet have anything for us because our trannies ECM has to also be reprogrammed and I think THAT is the holdup..

Thanks for the info.. Im gonna look into it and see what I can come up with.

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw the kits like Transgo,and others but I didn't want to full with take the valve body apart or to pay to have it done.( I believe this is what you are talking about) Another reason I went with the whole valve body is they don't use any kits and it is suppose to be a stronger/better way of getting the valve body to shift harder. That is what is stated on the web site anyway. I haven't installed the resistor that they sent with the valve body yet, but if it makes it shift even harder I'm going to have a neck brace! LOL! Dan said though that the resistor fools the PCM into not seeing the added line pressure that they use and keeps the engine from over revving when you lay on it. So it might not change anything. I hope you find something that firms up your shifts. If you are like me once you have rode in a truck or car that shifts good and also can chirp the tires , you just don't like anything else.

Oh Yeah , Have you called Dan about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.