DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the truck since May and finally got a chance to take it to the track!

Ran it in Ennis, TX Saturday. Temps hovered around 66*, felt like relatively low humidity, but the track had a pretty strong headwind.

The truck is basically stock, all it has is a Magnaflow muffler with a tip exiting in front of the rear tire, and I also run Mobil 1 Synthetics if you want to count that as a mod.

Full weight with about 1/4 tank of gasoline. I left the spare tire on, and the truck has stock 20's. I would have weighed it but didn't catch the scales in time, but its a stock truck plus my 270lb body!

My best run in "street trim":
60'- 2.348
1/8- 10.082
MPH- 70.29
1/4- 15.710
MPH- 85.68

Best run in "race trim": (all I did was remove the stock air filter haha)
60'- 2.274
1/8- 9.877
MPH- 71.72
1/4- 15.417
MPH- 86.78

I tried racing in O/D off, O/D on, as well as manually shifting it. It seemed, to me, to run the best in O/D on and let the tranny shift itself.

Spinning was not a problem, the truck is too heavy and underpowered as is to spin the tires on such a well-prepped track. Most I got was a "chirp" as I launched. I didn't do a burnout, all they do on street tires is get them greasy, anyways.

Launching technique was simple for me. Tried to stall it up, but it just bogged too bad. I'd keep the brakes on just enough to not roll through the lights, and as soon as the third amber would drop I would simultaneously let off the brake and mash the gas pedal to the floor. To me, this felt like the strongest and most consistent launching technique.

Judging from the numbers, I gained a solid 10 RWHP just by pulling the filter. I think without the headwind the truck would easily trap 87 MPH, and next time I make it to the track I might even pull the spare out.

Either way, had a good time. Haven't been to the track in the while, and last time I was I was in the Mustang. I was with some good friends. One of them ran an [email protected] is his 30th WS6 on street tires, and the other ran an [email protected] in his Cadillac CTS-V. Also got to talk with some other Dodge guys and see what they ran. Now, I just gotta keep telling myself its a daily driver and NOT to mod it more haha!

Arron

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Not bad at all for a QCSB. Is your truck a 4x4 or 2x4? I ran a 15.5 bone stock with my RCSB 4x4 w/Hemi with bad tire spin on the stock 17's. I put a SC tuner on it and ran a 15.1 with added weight too. As long as you had a good time is all that matters.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That run should tell you that you need a better air filter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah definitely fun, next on the list is a Vararam!

Arron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.