DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got rid of the crappy stock "Good"years. Got some Cooper Zeon LTZ's.

As the title says, I finally was able to get rid of the crappy Goodyear Wrangler HP's. I hated those tires, They would spin even if the road was wet at all, or if there was a leaf under them, and they squeeled around EVERY turn.

I went with Cooper Zeon LTZ's. I must be getting old(35) because I stuck with the stock size- 275/60/20.

They are pretty meaty with only a mild hum going down the freeway.
I'm pretty excited to see how they are when I get in the woods hunting next week and to see how they are this winter in the snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Old huh at 35 lol well that must make me Father Time at 50. I went the same way as I also just replaced mine with 275/60/20 just because I wanted/needed it to stay as quiet as possible. Very nice looking tires you've got going there. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, I should have said older and more responsible :)

It wasn't that long ago that I would have been lifting, or at least leveling, and getting bigger tires. Now I just want a smooth ride and keep getting decent mileage.
I've had this truck just over a year and other than adding a lightbar to the front (so I can see the deer before hitting them), this is the first "mod" I've done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It took me almost 4 years before I did my first mod so don't feel bad lol. That first one was to swap for an oem+ look wheel wise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can we get a picture of the whole truck? I love modding vehicles but i put those days behind me already and i am only 33 so dont feel bad. I am on the same boat, keeping stock wheels but putting on tires that perform.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can we get a picture of the whole truck? I love modding vehicles but i put those days behind me already and i am only 33 so dont feel bad. I am on the same boat, keeping stock wheels but putting on tires that perform.
I will try to get some this weekend while I am out in the woods hunting.
I would try to get some sooner but it's dark when I leave for work in the morning and dark when I get out- sucks. :frown

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem sounds good, you hunting for turkey? :grin
No, saturday is our state's opener for gun deer.
I've been out 4 times bow hunting this year but haven't seen anything I could shoot. Did come about 6-8 feet away from getting an 8 pt in my trucks grille at 60mph last weekend on the way to the woods, that was fun/nerve wracking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, saturday is our state's opener for gun deer.
I've been out 4 times bow hunting this year but haven't seen anything I could shoot. Did come about 6-8 feet away from getting an 8 pt in my trucks grille at 60mph last weekend on the way to the woods, that was fun/nerve wracking.
Any updated pictures :p :nerd

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back last night. The only deer I saw were 3 does being chased by a f-ing coyote. My brother did get a nice 8pt saturday morning.

Attachments

·
firefighter101
132 Posts
340dart,
How did you mount the LED bar in the bumper? I want to do the same thing. Any info would be great

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
340dart,
How did you mount the LED bar in the bumper? I want to do the same thing. Any info would be great
I took the "L" brackets that came with the light bar and drilled a hole through it and the bumper bracket and just bolted it to the bumper bracket.
The bar is about 1 1/2" smaller than the distance between bumper brackets, so each light bar bracket is spaced about 3/4" from the bumper bracket.

The bar fits very tight in the bumper opening so even though there is only 1 bolt on each side holding the brackets the bar doesn't vibrate or lose its alignment.

Then I just cut the center of the plastic bumper filler and put the 2 ends back in the bumper.

·
firefighter101
132 Posts
340dart,
Any pictures of the install?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll try to get under the truck and see if I can get a decent pic of how I did the mounts.
I do remember that once I had the light bar with mounts attached and placed in the bumper to see if I could mount it that I realized it was going to be very easy and straight forward. In fact, I think I spent more time removing the plastic filler and trimming it to fit than I did actually mounting the light bar.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can see in the first pic how tight the bar fit in the bumper.
I forgot that I didn't actually use a spacer between the light bar brackets and the bumper brackets, I just simply bolted them and the 90 degree leg on them hit the bumper bracket. You can also see another hole in the bumper bracket right by the mount, that is a factory hole. If I had the time to make new, longer brackets rather than use the brackets that came with the light bar I could have just went to that hole rather than drilling a new hole.

When I tightened the bolts I just did each side a little at a time until both were tight, I did plan on adding a spacer after I was done, but forgot all about it until I crawled under to take these pics. Nothing has loosened or moved in over 6 months and 12k miles.

Attachments

·
firefighter101
132 Posts
Awesome looks good. Ill add that to my list once the leveling lift is in that I just ordered and maybe the tires. Thanks again

·
Registered
555 Posts
To the OP. You are a mere child, but you do have a very nice truck. I'm 73 and driving my third Ram Hemi. Still bow hunting and rifle hunting. I gave up major mods before your were born. Last vehicle that I did anything major to was a 1967 Chevelle SS 396 that I bought new in 1967...and did it RUN!

Something to think about ..."Live slow, die old and leave a butt ugly corpse."

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am 54 and got new tires 4 days ago, I opted for Toyo AT II Extreme. 305 55 20 and used the factory sport 20x9 rims, tires clear the upper A-arm ball joint area by 1/4 inch. Tires are fat and meaty, I opted for this size because I have front suspension at factory height and dropped the back 2 inches to level using McGaughys rear drop springs. I am very pleased with the look. However tire prices are CRAZY,, $420.00 each tire I spent, came to 1900.00 said and done. OUCH!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.