DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. I picked up a K&N FIPK CAI and got it installed Friday night. It only took about an hour, and that included the running back and forth for tools (since I worked on it while at work). And I gotta say....That Thing Is Bad Arse!!!! I drove the whole way home with the radio off just listening to the intake. It actually sounds a bit like what a V8 should. And even though I was into the gas quite a bit, I did notice an increase in MPG. I say an increase because I noticed the MPG average didn't drop nearly as much as it should have with me in the gas as much. I just can't get over how great it sounds.
The only thing I've noticed, and you guys lemme know if this is normal, is that I now hear a venting-type of noise every once in a while. It mostly occurs when the thing is first started, and goes away as things warm up. But, when I come to a stop sign or traffic light or something, I notice the venting when I slow down. It seems to originate on the passenger's side, in the area of where the vent from the valve cover and the CAI T-together by the firewall. Lemme know what ya'll think.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
The venting slow down sound your hearing is the norm....I love it. Ive done a few and all have done that. CAI make all kinds of noise. . Your gas mileage should go up a bit...but thats up to you and your foot!!!!
Got to Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
I forgot to add......ditch your trottle body spacer and get with "The Fastman" and get one of his trottle bodies.......Way better as far as power and performance you will love it!!!!\

In your sig you don't state what you got.....Hemi...4.7L...3.7L...there are no haters on this site!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be picking up a throttle body next. Thanks for the info about the venting. I had a feeling it was normal, just wanted to make sure.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
DeployedTech said:
I'll be picking up a throttle body next. Thanks for the info about the venting. I had a feeling it was normal, just wanted to make sure.
What you running under the hood???

EDIT: I need to lay off the beer I didnt even see that .......4.7L big as chit sorry.........Wow BudLight is going on tonight!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.