DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Well...I finally got my system installed. Here is the setup..
H/U - Alpine CDA-7894
Amp - MB Quart RAA4200
Speakers Front - Boston Acoustic SL95
Speakers Rear - Boston Acoustics SL65

As I said before I was hoping that I didnt have to go with subs, but I know me well enough that I would end up having too.
ANyway I bought the center console hot-box today and purchased a MB Quart Reference RAA2400 amp and a MB Quart PWE 304 12" sub to complete my setup.
What would everyone recommend as far as the wiring to add the sub setup?
I used 4 ga for the other amp so should I end up replacing that or taking a different route. I guess I dont even really know what my options are here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

· Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
How long is the 4 gauge run of wire. Typically using 4 gauge to power those 2 amps will be fine. Just be sure you have them well grounded, fused, and all should be well.

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Yep, I just did mine that way yesterday. Just add a distribution block before your first amp and the come off of that with 8 gauge to each amp.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
merlin12volt said:
How long is the 4 gauge run of wire. Typically using 4 gauge to power those 2 amps will be fine. Just be sure you have them well grounded, fused, and all should be well.

Thanks for the reply.
I have the amp installed behind my back seats (Quad Cab) and will also put the other one back there as well.

Brian

· Registered
848 Posts
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but where do you ge a "hot-box"??? I'm assuming this goes in the front center?

· Registered
3,207 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but where do you ge a "hot-box"??? I'm assuming this goes in the front center?

You get them on ebay, I suck at posting links so here is the item #- 5787404754

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yellowbee said:
Yep, I just did mine that way yesterday. Just add a distribution block before your first amp and the come off of that with 8 gauge to each amp.
Thanks for the help again yellowbee...I must have posted my reply the same time you were replying to the thread so I didnt get to say thanks to you the first time. I am going to use a distribution block and will let you know how it turns out.

Yes, the seller's name is hot-boxes on ebay. Here is a link, but not sure that it will show up as I can not post working links half the time either.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5787404754&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

From what I have heard his product is top notch. He builds them per the sub you specify that you are getting and uses stitched oem material so it looks stock. I will let you know what I think when it arrives. I should have it in 7-10 days according to the email i got after purchasing it.

Brian

· Registered
848 Posts
hmmmm..... so what's everyone's opinion of hot-box vs. pro-box?

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Hot-Box= :tup::tup: Good Stuff! :D Check my gallery or my thread in the mobile audio forum for pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.