DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my baby right after i bought her. I know she isn't much to look at yet (being straight stock '04). I got the debadging done, and the aero turbine ordered. Air ram system and Gaylord X2000 lid are next on the hit list.
Just need to figure out how to pay for them now. :D

Attachments

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Lookin' good.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Nice, :tup: silver was one of my other choices. After Flame Red of course :D

KB

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Nice clean truck! Looks like you're off to a fast start with the mods. That truck is just crying out for a set of Mopar driving lights up front.....

·
Got Nitrous?
320 Posts
Nice truck, I think silver and chrome look sweet together. Silver was my next choice after solar yellow :cool:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah im already feeling the burn of mod-fever after jsut the debadging. Freelantz, what are the driving lights you are refering to? I might as well get my mods x-mas list going now :) And I was looking at both the regular and the sport packages in the silver and i agree cashman, the silver and chrome i think is a great combo. And everyone feel free to throw mod suggestions out, I do use the beast for payloads so I cant do any lowering to it, but other then that i'd like more ideas...im also mulling over putting chrome nerfs on it cuz everyone is bitching that they need a ladder to get into the thing except for me of course :)

And thanks for the comments :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Boyo336 said:
Yeah im already feeling the burn of mod-fever after jsut the debadging. Freelantz, what are the driving lights you are refering to? I might as well get my mods x-mas list going now :) And I was looking at both the regular and the sport packages in the silver and i agree cashman, the silver and chrome i think is a great combo. And everyone feel free to throw mod suggestions out, I do use the beast for payloads so I cant do any lowering to it, but other then that i'd like more ideas...im also mulling over putting chrome nerfs on it cuz everyone is bitching that they need a ladder to get into the thing except for me of course :)

And thanks for the comments :D
People call them "fog lights" but they really arent fog lights in the truest sense.... I am referring to the factory driving lights (fog lights) that go in the bumper......... such as the ones that I have on my truck......

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got ya...I had thought about that too....what would be the best way to go about putting those lights in? OEM light setup or an aftermarket a better way to go? and how much of a pain is the install and wiring? can i do it myself or would i need to have it done ?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Boyo336 said:
ok i got ya...I had thought about that too....what would be the best way to go about putting those lights in? OEM light setup or an aftermarket a better way to go? and how much of a pain is the install and wiring? can i do it myself or would i need to have it done ?
There probably are some aftermarket sets you could find on Ebay, but I recommend the factory Mopar light kit, which is available from your dealer. I have seen many posts on here from folks who installed it themself so it can't be too hard.... however I had mine put in when I bought the truck so I do not have personal experience with the install!

The Mopar driving light kit seems to average around $100-120 depending on where you are and what dealer you ask....... we have a sponsor on DT called Mopar Parts Center, and it might be a good idea to check with them too.

www.moparpartscenter.com

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kewl, I will check into that. I'd like to have that extra set of lights given that i live in the land of 'insert head into rectal cavity, turn key, step on gas to drive' otherwise known as southern california.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Looks good!
:rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice.. Looks similar to mine :) Except I had to get rid of the 20" rims in favor of something that looked more appropriate on a 4x4 :) I got the Extang Trifecta cover, Airaid intake, Superchips, Line-X and bedrail covers.. I think I'm done for a while ;)

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
picking up that same truck in less than 12 hrs!!! man am i excited... you wanted some mod options so i will give you my ideas and my list for the summer:

SRT HOOD + BUMPER
PAINTED MIRRORS, HANDLES AND REAR BUMPER
CLEARED HEADLIGHTS
ELECTRIC CUTOUTS
AIRRAID INTAKE
WINDOW TINT
PAINT SECTION BETWEEN FRONT AND REAR WINDOW BLACK
SOUND SYSTEM
22s/24s

Thats my list for the summer... I can't wait for tomorrow... I dont want to make you guys jealous but im only 16 (tomorrow) and asked for a HEMI... Im a local DJ so i will focus all of my profits on my truck and hope to be in competition for truck of the month. Man, im going to wet my pants thinking of all this stuff... THis weekend im going to blow all of my savings on a SRT hood, bumper and if it dosent turn out to be a sport model then ill add in the billet grill... i dont think ill be sleeping much tonight...

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Here is a pic of my neighbors Silver

He just washed it and shined the chrome so I took him to a good pic taking location and snapped off several for him

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats the other thing i want to do, get new grill inserts like those pictured here. The honeycomb draws the eye in the wrong way. I'm assuming that is the OEM style pictured? if it is not would you know which that is by chance?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Boyo336 said:
Thats the other thing i want to do, get new grill inserts like those pictured here. The honeycomb draws the eye in the wrong way. I'm assuming that is the OEM style pictured? if it is not would you know which that is by chance?
Yeah that is the OEM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.