DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finished my truck up and got some new shots of it. I got it back in march of 2005 and have been working on it since then,Its an 88 dakota 4x4 LE, it was pretty rusty,after fixing all the rust it got new paint(viper red), and a new motor(carbed 5.2) Here are some before and after pics. Dont mind all the overspray on the grille and the air cleaner

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks Great!! I wanna paint mine sometime next year. Want flame red insred of grey, gonna keep my black Rockers though, I think it'll look good :cool: Of course, thats gotta come after axles and a trans kit :D

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
WOW man that's looking NICE! I really like the transformation your truck has undergone!!!

How do you like the power of that 318? :D :rck:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looks good but ditch the bugshield or get a better formed one.. my .02. Ive always thought that that was the best body for the dakota's. Back when I was going to college my buddy had a blue extended cab. I liked it alot..

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Daytona_Dan said:
Looks good but ditch the bugshield or get a better formed one.. my .02. Ive always thought that that was the best body for the dakota's. Back when I was going to college my buddy had a blue extended cab. I liked it alot..
I'm with Dan on the bugshield. My Dakota had the same one you have when I bought it, and thought it looked great, but it started to crack, and I removed it and realized how good it looked without it. :)

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Nice job! Are you going to add a body lift?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, Hemi_dakota the powers great, I just need a locker or lsd now :D, Daytona Dan Im looking into getting a new bugshield soon, It covers up a nasty run in the paint we got when we were painting it :mad: , So Ive gotta try and find one that will cover the run up first. And mopar guy a body lift and 31s are my goal eventually(and a new tranny I dont think the old v6 one will hold up well with the 31s and the 318). it will be a while though moneywise

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Keep us updated! Like I said before these trucks look great in red.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I like it as well, that carb looks great under there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.