DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing the 'lifters' in the right head on the 2004 4.7, the last valve spring, way at the back, decided to part company with the rest of the engine and drop the exhaust valve into the cylinder.

Sooo, off came all the stuff in the way of removing the head. Found that the right chain tensioner ratchet thing wasn't out where it should be, so I moved it out like the left one.

Got it all stuck back together and a few minutes after starting it up, again with the clatter. Grrrr.

Ordered a new, genuine MoPar right secondary tensioner. (Is it OK if I mention I found the best price at Blunt Tech?) Fortunately there's not a lot of stuff has to come off to get the timing cover off. Didn't even have to remove the electric fan.

Discovered that the oil inlet screen to the right tensioner was PLUGGED with small chunks of metal. WTH did that come from? The service manual says the oil flows from the front main bearing to the tensioners, so it couldn't have been a poor cleanup job on the rebuilt heads.

Just got the thing back together (for the third time!) a couple of hours ago.

Best thing? NO NOISE!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cured, just in time for the throttle position sensor to crap out today. :p

Hopefully it's just something with the connector, if not then code P0123 is going to cost me around $50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.