DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the truetrac installed today.. Man its nice being able to roast both tires...

Install when great, we made the tool needed to adjust

Put about 60 miles on it... Roasted them..

Going to get a video later.. Burning the 35's

Attachments

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
Got the truetrac installed today.. Man its nice being able to roast both tires...

Install when great, we made the tool needed to adjust

Put about 60 miles on it... Roasted them..

Going to get a video later.. Burning the 35's

35's?? how do u fit 35's on that?

thats awesome about the trutrac though. time for some new tires. ;)

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lifted it back up for winter...

And yeah, im sure I will be burning through tires like nothing.. lol

Attachments

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
AH, i see. looks good. what till the snow and ice hit and you take a turn, youll be missing that single wheel spin. ;) that was the first thing i had to get used to when i bought my truck with the LSD. taking slippery turns slowly and ;)ff the gas. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I punch it on dry pavement it kicks sideways, and it makes me jump... But my ranger always spun both so ill be used to it pretty quick..

Just sucked with an open diff because you didnt know if it was going to go sideways or peg leg..

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just sucked with an open diff because you didnt know if it was going to go sideways or peg leg..
Exactly! I almost plowed my old Buick into a curb because the peg leg decided to hook up, roast 'em both, and then half way thru the corner turn back into a peg leg. I've got a posi waiting to go into that come this spring :D !

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
I think a limited-slip differential is always a good idea I'll want one on future vehicles.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
That's nice Rocky, I agree any type of LSD is good! :)

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish it would have been my first mod.

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
Yea you got to love the detroit tru trac. It works wonder in all type of conditions. Makes me smile everytime I hit on the gas. Especially when i'm offroad here on a muddy road. I used to have an open diff too with 3.55 gears and it sucked bad.

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
I personally feel that the Detroit Truetrac is the one to have. I bought this one a couple of years ago, and I'm sure it won't be the last Truetrac I ever buy.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
sweet man

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
did you keep your stock gears on it? 3.55 or 3.92?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I kept the stock 3.92 gears...

I wanted to get front and rear 4.56 but thats not in my budget anytime soon..

Before winter came I wanted to get this done so I dont have one wheel peel in the snow..

And for the track next season..

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
You call that burn out?

I'd put a little more miles on your truck before you do that..

Also my 1500 TRX was always leaving two tracks.. must be a TRX thing.

I know diesels can do a two wheel peel not even trying for 75 feet... and then some :) with 35" tires :)

Attachments

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
:ugh you deisel guys.. always blowing money outa the exahust and leaving it laying around on the road....:nono dont you know that much rubber could drive a kid to the hospital in africa for a week...;D

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
LOL! Sorry....... thankfully the guy that did it let up.. my neighbors wouldn't like a pair of tire marks down the entire street. That was done back in Sept.. You can see more on the top end of the tracks.. just starting to fade.. haha

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You call that burn out?

I'd put a little more miles on your truck before you do that..

Also my 1500 TRX was always leaving two tracks.. must be a TRX thing.

I know diesels can do a two wheel peel not even trying for 75 feet... and then some :) with 35" tires :)
Really? Yes your shit is the best.. diesels FTW...

You have something to say in EVERY thread.. WITH a picture.. Of how you, or your shit is better than everyones..

:worthy:

The only useful information you had was to put more miles on it before I did that... But thats your opinion. I didnt want to wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.