DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's awesome. I've seen the crap the different warranty companies have pulled. And I'm glad one of them is getting what they deserve.
Congrats
It's good to hear, but a crying shame it took over 2 years to get to this point.
Thanks! I really wanted to fix the 02 because it's been a real good truck to me. But the cost is more than it's worth and I really do not want to be upside-down with her. Like I said, I have no clue what the final settlement will be but the law group has said I will be able to replace the truck with something new. Again, no numbers so I have no clue if that means a basic Ram SLT or lets go nuts and get a four door Legacy Power Wagon at $200K. Personally, I'd love to have one of the new crew cab ecoDiesel. Just the thought of 28 to 32-mpg on the highway gives me a woody! I've been reading where this new ecoD's are averaging city and highway numbers around 20-mpg. That's two and three times the mileage my 02 Ram has gotten. So we'll see what the New Year brings.

:smile

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The worms are back and they want the judge to vacate the judgement and then set a new hearing. They claim they never received any notices from my law group or the county court. I waiting to hear what happens next.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
The worms are back and they want the judge to vacate the judgement and then set a new hearing. They claim they never received any notices from my law group or the county court. I waiting to hear what happens next.

As long as your law group sent everything certified mail, Which I'm pretty sure is standard practice. They are basically saying our time is worth more then yours, no way a judge will stand for that

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My understanding, the judge has been pretty hot because the Interstate Group hasn't answer even one of the request from the court.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Been gone for awhile busy with work before Christmas seems like everyone wants stuff done.

I am happy to hear this is finally coming to a close with you! It has definitely been alot of up hill and hopefully you will get your chance soon to take the trip down with ease and enjoyment.

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,325 Posts
My understanding, the judge has been pretty hot because the Interstate Group hasn't answer even one of the request from the court.
My first thought was "You Gotta Be Kidding Me?!" If they haven't even responded to the court's requests, that is not going to help their reattack...

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, I haven't heard word one from anyone so I'm on hold ... again.

:SNO:

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
We have an expression here in England......... "They're taking the piss"!!!
Hope you get this sorted and then some!
Al.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hate to dig this one up but it's the only way I can update this right.

The worms didn't just ask for a new final hearing, they want a new trial. The paperwork they filed says they have moved and didn't get any of the notices or filings. My first question was "Then how did they hear about the final filing?". My law group has piles of paperwork shows all the lengths they have got though to communicate with these worms. They claim their new offices are not in New York City but in some place in Georgia. Even this isn't true because their web site says they're in South Carolina. I just don't get! Guessing here that the judge is being magnanimous about the whole thing because she granted the motion for a new trial. My law firm is asking the judge to reconsider her ruling but personally, I do not see that happening. If we have to backup this law suit for a new trial date, I just lost a year and half of court time.

:banghead:

·
2,325 Posts
YJCMTSU = You Just Can't Make This STUFF Up. I can't believe what I'm reading.

·
2,325 Posts
I'm almost afraid to ask what the latest news is...

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm almost afraid to ask what the latest news is...
Nothing. My lawyer hasn't sent me anything new but the date for the pre-trial hearing and when the new trial date will be. I have to wait until mid-July for that and to see what happens next. The only other info has been a heads-up for a set-down meeting before trial which has no date or time just yet. I'm wanting this to be over and done but at this point, I can wait a few more months. The date of the new trial will be three years and 15-days after the engine failure.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So your shooting for a new truck by 2020?
Oh god I hope not but at this point I'm wondering what other crap these damn Yankees are going to pull on me.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.